Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Mar 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
buzzbox
Trying for More Ears

But the price will not remain the same as they remove the free nights to compensate for the free dining so basically your back in the same boat, sometimes the free dining may be a little cheaper sometime vice versa, but neither is really free it`s just a clever way of doing things to make you guys think it`s free.
buzzbox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by buzzbox View Post
But the price will not remain the same as they remove the free nights to compensate for the free dining so basically your back in the same boat, sometimes the free dining may be a little cheaper sometime vice versa, but neither is really free it`s just a clever way of doing things to make you guys think it`s free.
I thought the current free nights is for 2018 only - therefore the 2019 pricing shown is the base pricing?
Old 6 Mar 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

The Free Dining offer works out a better deal than the Free Nights it is the best annual offer from Disney.
Old 6 Mar 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
I thought the current free nights is for 2018 only - therefore the 2019 pricing shown is the base pricing?
Spot on melaniee, Buzz you are comparing 2018 prices with the free nights offer to 2019 base prices not sure if you genuinely confused or just trolling now, but you are Wrong based on 2019 base prices the 2019 free dining is free, they is no increase (historically) on 2019 prices after the offer goes live or indeed after it has finished the base price will stay the same thought 2019
Old 6 Mar 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Here are my thinkings and calculations on the free dining vs free nights...

Firstly, the definition of the word free is ‘without cost or payment.’
The definition of the word con is ‘to deceive or trick someone by lying to them.’

FREE NIGHTS

We are looking at CBR for next year.
Current price £2688 = £192 per night (if booked now using ATD)

If 4 nights free offered next year on the same room a saving of £768

Cost for hotel after free nights saving £1920
Cost of QSDP £1148
Added to free nights makes total cost £3068

FREE DINING

Take current price of £2688
If DDP is offered as free the cost of food would be £0 for 14 nights
Total cost would be £2688

Difference between free DDP against free nights is £380 so, bearing in mind the definition from earlier, it would not be costing me any more to take the DDP offer and I would not be paying for it so it is FREE... to split hairs £380 worth of free food but still it is FREE as I am not paying for it. I am not being tricked or fooled or lied to in anyway. I am free to take any offer I choose (or I can choose to stay offsite as we have always previously done.) It would be a con if Disney said it was free and then I arrived and had to pay an extra cost in resort for ‘food admin charges’ for example.

Yes Disney hotels are more expensive than staying in a 2* on the outskirts of Orlando: a hotel in the Centre of Times Square is more expensive than one in the Bronx and a 5* in the Maldives is more expensive than a B&B in Blackpool. That’s just the way it is and supply on demand.

We have ALWAYS stayed on iDrive and have costed up our usual holidays against the DDP offer and we are no worse off... actually better off as no cost for parking and more freedom to pop in and out the parks without relying on a car!

As you can see I have clearly costed and worked out what is the best option for ourselves next year and as such I am not being conned or duped into anything. Buzzbox if you have issue with Disney (or any other company for that matter.. ‘free refills’ ‘free eye test’ ‘free tester pot of paint’) for using the word ‘free’ in their promotions, take it up with them and not on here, trolling and patronising the helpful members of this Dibb community.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jonteedrama
Excited about Disney

Wow - so may replies to this thread and all I asked was a simple question of when will free dining be announced for 2019!

Hope it is still beginning of April

Many thanks for the positive replies

Jonathan

Originally Posted by jonteedrama View Post
Hello Dibbers

Genuinely hoping to book WL for 3 weeks in August 2019 with Free Dining Plan.

Do you know dates when this may be offered?

Do you have any recommendations as to who to book with?

Any advice welcome - costs are currently about £12000 for room only with direct flights but an addition of about £3500 for dining so it makes sense to me to wait

When should i put a reminder in my calendar to book?

Many thanks

Jonathan
Old 6 Mar 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

I'm unsure why you're persisting with this dogmatic view. People understand. We're not daft.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Going to try Orlando Attractions for a quote. Glad I came into this forum as I only frequent the Paris one.

I wish to book for the end of next year. I was either going to try booking direct or give Virgin a go but from what I can gather Orlando Attractions seem to be better then both.

is it cheaper to use them for flights too or would it be better to book separate?
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Going to try Orlando Attractions for a quote. Glad I came into this forum as I only frequent the Paris one.

I wish to book for the end of next year. I was either going to try booking direct or give Virgin a go but from what I can gather Orlando Attractions seem to be better then both.

is it cheaper to use them for flights too or would it be better to book separate?
Kenwood seem to be good value at the moment so maybe look there too. We’ve never found it cheaper with our preferences to go through a travel agent though - we always book our flights direct and then Disney direct
Old 6 Mar 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
Kenwood seem to be good value at the moment so maybe look there too. We’ve never found it cheaper with our preferences to go through a travel agent though - we always book our flights direct and then Disney direct
LOL, Now I am confused. There seems to be so many varying answers but no one way that stands out.

Basically i am looking for myself and one or two children, well the eldest will be 18 so I am guessing on flights and disney he will be an adult..?

He may not come though so it would be just myself and a 16yr old.

Ideally i'd like to go after Star Wars land is built as he's Star Wars mad. I am a single parent and this is our first time to Orlando. We've done Paris about, jees knocking on ten times now but i'm fully aware orlando is a much bigger monster.

Just wondering what my best (cheapest) options would be with food included.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List