Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 May 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I pretty much love everything. We loved Stitch’s Great Escape and we love Figment. The only thing I refuse to do now is the Indiana Jones Stunt boreathon in HS. I will never waste another minute in there.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyTillIDie
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I pretty much love everything. We loved Stitch’s Great Escape and we love Figment. The only thing I refuse to do now is the Indiana Jones Stunt boreathon in HS. I will never waste another minute in there.
I agree Indiana Jones, only good for a little sit down! Haha.

I thought the Nemo show in AK was terrible - but the seats were very comfy and I had a nice power nap!

Simpson’s in US is rubbish - back to the future was so much better - they should have kept it, it’s still relevant. I was a bit underwhelmed by the Jurassic Park ride too.

I can do without the monorail in tomorrow land. Very boring But all of my family and I LOVE the carousel of progress - which I imagine most people would hate! Haha
DisneyTillIDie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I enjoy both rides but I do find it strange that Disney made 7DMT the centrepiece of New Fantasyland. It doesn’t seem very imaginative!
I read an interesting feature on Theme Park Tourist the other day about New Fantasyland and the original design being unpopular because it replaced Toontown and 20000 Leagues area with basically just Meet & Greets, with specific areas for the different princesses including Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and the Ariel dark ride being the only new actual ride added. The area where 7DMT was originally going to be a large Pixie Hollow area I believe with Tink etc.

By the time D23 came round the following year, they had listened to feedback and plonked 7DMT in the middle as a coaster addition, designed to broaden the appeal of the expansion to critics of the design and make less girl-centric. They dropped homes and added fairytale hall instead which replaced Snow Whites Scary Adventures.

I think the style of ride is more to make it family-friendly. The main variation is the swaying ‘tilt’ mechanism and story. I agree though it feels too similar in style to existing but then it was never going to be a big thrill coaster in this area. Not sure it was innovative enough though for me.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s weird how some rides become ‘outdated’ in the eyes of others isn’t it?
I love Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, Journey into Imagination and Spaceship Earth because of the animatronics- to me, they’re “real” rides, probably because I loved the dark rides in Disneyland Paris as a kid. The terrible CGI animation on The Simpsons ride is more outdated to me (seriously, why does a ride based on the longest running hand drawn animation resemble an early 2000’s video game?)

I forgot to add how much I hated It’s Tough to be a Bug! From the poke in the back (which happened to me but skipped my partner!) to the disgusting feeling of the grubs leaving the theatre via your bum
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
The Simpsons ride is more outdated to me (seriously, why does a ride based on the longest running hand drawn animation resemble an early 2000’s video game?)
This is why I don’t like it. People rave about it (DH included) and I’m like have you seen the quality of it?! It looks awful to me!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
Seven Dwarfs mine train ride... What a massive let down that was
Agree, 70 minutes I will never get back.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I can’t stand The Simpsons ride, makes me feel so sick and it’s all over the place 🤢

I’m not a fan of Jimmy Fallon’s ride, just not into it

Cant think of any disney ones I get disappointed by, but I wasn’t a fan of Rip Ride Rockit either
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lifes2comp View Post
I read an interesting feature on Theme Park Tourist the other day about New Fantasyland and the original design being unpopular because it replaced Toontown and 20000 Leagues area with basically just Meet & Greets, with specific areas for the different princesses including Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and the Ariel dark ride being the only new actual ride added. The area where 7DMT was originally going to be a large Pixie Hollow area I believe with Tink etc.

By the time D23 came round the following year, they had listened to feedback and plonked 7DMT in the middle as a coaster addition, designed to broaden the appeal of the expansion to critics of the design and make less girl-centric. They dropped homes and added fairytale hall instead which replaced Snow Whites Scary Adventures.

I think the style of ride is more to make it family-friendly. The main variation is the swaying ‘tilt’ mechanism and story. I agree though it feels too similar in style to existing but then it was never going to be a big thrill coaster in this area. Not sure it was innovative enough though for me.
I remember visiting MK when they first put the construction boards up for this rennovation and looking at the plans and my first though was "this is literally just going to be Disney Princess Land"! So I can see why they added the 7DMT despite it not being the best ride.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Honestly for me, the only three rides that I can remember being an absolute disappointment and putting me in a bit of a mood were:

- Kong: The 80 minute wait fooled me into thinking this would be a good ride. It wasn't. Ths cgi was awful (especially the screen at the front of the ride), the sound quality was terrible and the itself was just plain boring. The queue was definitely the best part of the ride for us!

- Big Thunder Mountain: mainly because it felt jerky (my ears were ringing when I got off) and tired - possibly because I've been on the DLP one since it's refurb and it's noticably better than the WDW one - which is a shame as it was one of my favourite MK rides a few years ago (hopefully they do a similar refurb soon!)

- Stitch: Has this always been this bad? I swear I remember going on it about 7 years ago and enjoying it but now I'm not sure I trust my own memory as it was awful!

I actually really enjoyed 7DMT and Simpsons (which seems to be an unpopular opinion on here! ). Fallon was meh - but enjoyable enough - underwhelming but I wasn't expecting much anyway - I totally agree that they could have done something better with the space though.

I'd love an update to the Muppets! I enjoyed it so I really hope something Muppets themed stays but it is dated so an update would be well received.

I feel like Universal have gotten quite lazy with the rides in recent years so I've not got particularly high hopes for F&F in November and I'm already prepared to be disappointed by whatever replaces dragon challenge (which is a shame because I'm such a massive HP fan ) - It's almost like after Diagon Alley they just stopped trying!

Smudge

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I thought Stitch was a big disappointment. I’ve never seen the film, so maybe I didn’t get his ‘comedy’. The old Alien encounter was much better.