Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jul 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That’s better, reviews from those who have actually been.

Clearly shade appears to an issue, I’m pretty sure Disney will have to address that, although with their many years of experience I’m amazed that slipped by them.

Those that went... are there any characters there, my grandson aged four would love to meet Buzz or Woody. I also think that possibly a toy story play park would be fun the the kids, I remember mine ( now in their mid 30s) playing in Honey I shrunk the kids

Any tips from those who have been?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

Clearly shade appears to an issue, I’m pretty sure Disney will have to address that, although with their many years of experience I’m amazed that slipped by them.

Those that went... are there any characters there, my grandson aged four would love to meet Buzz or Woody. I also think that possibly a toy story play park would be fun the the kids, I remember mine ( now in their mid 30s) playing in Honey I shrunk the kids

Agree, but heres the thing...

It is clear from all the images and vlogs, that this is aimed at kids. No issue with that as WDW is primarily focused in that way. However, a view from afar that it would not suit me is not unreasonable also considering I fully understand other views.

You dont need to go to get that vibe.

Disney332
Old 3 Jul 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

You can meet Buzz, Woody and Jessie from the looks of things.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I am hoping my 7 year old will love it. He loves fast coasters but he also secretly removed his Buzz from the give away box and hid it in an upside down box when I was clearing his room with him, because he couldn’t bear to say goodbye to him (I let him keep buzz, who lives in the bottom of a box). I hope it will work the Disney magic. He waved at all the characters when he was five. I think he would love a cuddle from buzz and woody. It won’t be his favourite ride, but I really hope the theming will be good. But I didn’t bother fast passing the saucers. I think that would be too tame for us all. I wish they had created a TS restaurant with the toy story characters. That would have been amazing!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mylittleminion
Helping Minnie

Buzz & woody have an indoor meet & greet opposite TSM with a few photo props in the queue - alien grabber /tape the kids to a rocket /
stinky pete's box

I like the op don't have high expectations of tsl the concept could have been really great but disney just don't seem to be grasping what people really want. For the amount of time it has taken to build all you have is a version of teacups and a kids roller coaster granted the theming is great which is what disney is good at but its not enough anymore. I'm sure lots of people esp those with young kids will enjoy it but it could have been so much more.
Mylittleminion is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Wow I had low expectations but the actual experience was even lower. ASS is total bore. We will do slinky tomorrow with fp. No shade at all. There is no shop in the area either to cool down. We had fp for ASS today but I would not bother with it even if it's walk on. Boring ride. Not much to see or do. No shade
Thanks for the update. It does look like there's a lack of shade from the videos I've seen. For starters, they could've done with some better coverage over the seating area for the quick service place rather than just a few parasols. And considering this is Disney it's a surprise there's no shop!

I get the impression that ASS is like the "Cars Quatre Roues Rallye" ride at DLP? If so, then my family and I loved that ride. Sure, it's small and simple but it's great fun as well. And, yes, I am the sort of person who loves the Tea Cups but would like it if they were a little less spinny. Ah well, I guess we all like different things.

Hope you enjoy SDD!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:51 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Thanks for the update. It does look like there's a lack of shade from the videos I've seen. For starters, they could've done with some better coverage over the seating area for the quick service place rather than just a few parasols. And considering this is Disney it's a surprise there's no shop!

I get the impression that ASS is like the "Cars Quatre Roues Rallye" ride at DLP? If so, then my family and I loved that ride. Sure, it's small and simple but it's great fun as well. And, yes, I am the sort of person who loves the Tea Cups but would like it if they were a little less spinny. Ah well, I guess we all like different things.

Hope you enjoy SDD!
Not sure on DLP but ASS is the same as the Mater ride (junkyard jamboree?) at Disney California.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

The lack of shade is a worry. We watched the Tim Tracker video and did notice that. My DD (13) commented that DHS is the park we always struggle with re heat. Don't know if it's because it's so built up compared to the other parks with not as many open spaces, but we can last all day at the other parks but always admit defeat by mid-afternoon at DHS. It just always seems especially hot at that park.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mylittleminion View Post
Buzz & woody have an indoor meet & greet opposite TSM with a few photo props in the queue - alien grabber /tape the kids to a rocket /
stinky pete's box

I like the op don't have high expectations of tsl the concept could have been really great but disney just don't seem to be grasping what people really want. For the amount of time it has taken to build all you have is a version of teacups and a kids roller coaster granted the theming is great which is what disney is good at but its not enough anymore. I'm sure lots of people esp those with young kids will enjoy it but it could have been so much more.
They are now outside too but they were all there
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not sure on DLP but ASS is the same as the Mater ride (junkyard jamboree?) at Disney California.
I liked junkyard better for some reason. But as others mentioned it was really hot, typical Florida weather. I took some pictures and I was shocked to see the faces of people. That made me think why is no one looking like is having fun. It's not possible to take photos without people in and I deleted them

Apparently the budget was cut a lot.

Edited at 12:22 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List