Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

I can remember queuing for the toy story ride a few years ago, and we had only just joined the line, maybe 5 families from the end. And a group of adult from New York thought it was perfectly fine to push past these families and us to go to 1 bloke (Dad) who was in front of us. It annoyed me and i spent the whole time queuing stopping them pushing past us. I thought it would have made sense for "Dad" to go to the back of the queue to start with, they weren't that far from the end but some people just dont give a damn.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have done this once. Last year when the line was longer than sign posted and I was desperate. I felt very uncomfortable trying to get back To my family and would really only consider it in an emergency.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I think most of us have been in the situation where one of the party had to go to the loo at the most inconvenient time. I have no problem with anyone leaving the queue for this reason. I have many times been in a queue when as others have said a whole family bar one rock up and expect to get in front of you, or in some instances, the whole group apart from one of the teenage tour groups.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Having a 5 year old we've had emergency toilet once or twice. I hate it.
The lines are narrow and its hard to get past.

One I've got a real thing about is where one family member runs to get in line and then the rest of the family follow on slowly - and then expect to push past to where the one family member is.

Once had an entire brazilian tour party try this - I stood there and said "NO WAY".

p.s Also hate people who stand 1" behind you in the queue and keep touching you. Once I had a guy was asked me to move up the queue to keep up with the family in front of us (who were 2ft ahead) - the queue isnt going to go quicker if you're on top of each other!
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Given the queues at Disney can be 4 hours long for the latest rides, I'd hope that people would be forgiving if I had to pop out to the loo after waiting 3 hours with still an hour to go. Many of us don't have bladders that can hold on for hours, even after going to the loo just before we've joined the queue. Especially as it's a good idea to keep drinking in the Floridian heat.

Personally, I have no issues with one or two people going to the loo, going to get a drink, or even going to get an ice-cream or something else whilst in the queue. It will make zero difference to when I get to ride.

What I am against is a dozen people suddenly appearing and pushing their way to near the front of the queue in order to join the one family member that waited.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We once witnessed a full blown bust up over queue jumping. The guy who was jumping, said his wife was at the front, he told the women to F off after she challenged him, and then went to go for her husband, the husband ended up throwing his badge up, he was a cop! It was all very entertaining, but it put me off ever going for a wee while in line - doesn't bother me if I see a member of a family do this though, as others have said, as long as it's not a group joining 1 person, which I've also witnessed and it makes your blood boil.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

The Harry potter train at universal really grinds my gears with the platform hologram thing at 9 and 3/4. Lots of people hanging back to take pictures or videos then wanting to swap up and down the queue. Kind of annoying when a group of 20 year old keeps bashing past a 3 year old. I know it ain't Disney but it annoyed me. Still worked up about it months later.

Edited at 03:49 PM.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
As a Crohn’s sufferer I can tell you people in general are not as forgiving as you guys. My first three visits were a “toileting” nightmare and I often ended up missing rides with my family as people were very abusive as I re-joined the queue. I then found out about the old DASS system and now the new one.

I think maybe if you have young children people are more understanding but unless you carry a sign around saying... If I don’t go now, I’ll just go your classes as a queue jumper

I am also a Crohn's sufferer. Last time we went I had not long been diagnosed and had no idea about the DAS system. How does the system work for Crohn's sufferers. Last time I just didn't ride a lot of things because I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in the queue.
Old 31 Jul 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all for the comments, it certainly seems us Brits are more understanding.

I think the best policy is a precautionary loo stop before then hope for the best. If needed, we’ll just both leave the queue and join it again later.

There is no medical issues, just someone with a weak bladder.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

With multi-hour queue times for some attractions, Disney could really make this much easier by giving out toilet-stickers or something that would have to be shown to re-enter the queue, and handed back to the CM at the end of the line. They could have the "left-the-queue" time written on it and you'd only have 20 minutes to re-enter the queue. If they were common enough then nobody would argue over it.

Probably a hundred reasons why it won't work!