Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

We've seen it before where the family members left in the queue stay right where they are, letting people behind move on ahead of them. The loo people then came back to them where they left off.
Old 31 Jul 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
We've seen it before where the family members left in the queue stay right where they are, letting people behind move on ahead of them. The loo people then came back to them where they left off.
that is how we do it - seems fairest.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Just got back and this happens multiple times a day

In line and a number of people come through saying their party is ahead of them, have to say we started doing it after the first week too

Child A would be be getting a character photo with mom whilst me and child B would get in the line for a ride, when they are finished they join us at our point in the queue

Would never have dreamed of doing it at the start of the holiday but a lot of others are doing it

The only time it backfired was when I jumped in the queue for Slinky Dog whilst the little one queued up with mom for his second photo with Woody

We queued for about 10 minutes before getting to the official queue entrance to be told “if your entire party isn’t here they will not be able to join you”

I would be happy for this to be a hard and fast rule, but as long as it isn’t, people will do what they can to reduce waiting time
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post

In line and a number of people come through saying their party is ahead of them, have to say we started doing it after the first week too

Child A would be be getting a character photo with mom whilst me and child B would get in the line for a ride, when they are finished they join us at our point in the queue

Would never have dreamed of doing it at the start of the holiday but a lot of others are doing it

The only time it backfired was when I jumped in the queue for Slinky Dog whilst the little one queued up with mom for his second photo with Woody

We queued for about 10 minutes before getting to the official queue entrance to be told “if your entire party isn’t here they will not be able to join you”

I would be happy for this to be a hard and fast rule, but as long as it isn’t, people will do what they can to reduce waiting time
This is not something that has happened to us enough to excuse doing it ourselves! And we've been going to Disney for 14 years! Come on, that's just an excuse you are using. You sound like you are a professional queue jumper - It's so irritating when people do this and then say "everyone else does it" well erm, no they don't!

Edited to say: there are worse things to be in life, but you are an official queue jumper in my book lol 😂

Edited at 08:25 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a load of cheerleaders go past us on 7DMT. There must have been about 25 of them. When they stopped there was just one person holding their place in line. There was a very very irate American family behind me who informed a cast member who made them all go to the back!
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Donald 1983 View Post
We had a load of cheerleaders go past us on 7DMT. There must have been about 25 of them. When they stopped there was just one person holding their place in line. There was a very very irate American family behind me who informed a cast member who made them all go to the back!
My blood was boiling reading this ha ha 😂
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say it's not acceptable unless it was a dire dire emergency. Even then though most people will not be sympathetic in the queue. I think i'd be too embaressed of the anger and disruption it would cause. If i had to i'd speak to a CM and see what they could do, but then if there's none around at the time that could be awkward. The rest of your family might have to call you with an update from the front once they reached a CM and made arrangements.

Altogether too stressful for me and i'd never queue longer than I could hold my bladder.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
singerella
Excited about Disney

I'll never forget when we were queueing for a ride a few years back and a family of 3 adults came by saying 'excuse me' to everyone in the queue. Everyone politely moved aside but I thought it strange 3 of them having to rejoin their party! I watched and couldn't believe it when they got to a certain point near the front and just stopped and then got on the ride next! The bloke behind started to have a go when he realised but they didn't care one bit and the CM didn't seem to want to make a fuss either! They had the death stare when they got off from the entire queue but they must have had very broad shoulders. We saw them a couple of hours later as we waited in another queue and would you believe they were doing the same thing?! DH was ready for them and politely told them do not pass go! They pretended they hadn't a clue what he was on about but they got no further and I stood on their toes a few times haha! So cheeky! It's a shame though because it made us really suspicious of people when imo its perfectly acceptable to leave the queue to get a drink/loo break.
singerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by lozkin View Post

Selfish pure and simple (can’t be bothered to type what I really want to put tbh).

As an aside I’ve had a few try it on this last week and the majority haven’t gone any further past us (depending on whether I felt they were genuinely out of line or taking the pee or if I could be bothered for an argument).

Even had some try it in Tommy Hilfiger as the changing room queue was long - didn’t work and a few people in the queue clapped

Edited at 01:54 AM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
That’s what we do to! I also hate it when people stand too close to you, I’ve been known to let people who do this go past me it’s so annoying
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List