Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Donald 1983 View Post
My wife is a TA (not Florida) and generally TA’s don’t book the flights but hold them off and pay when they need to be ticketed. I would imagine your TA has gone to ticket the flights and noticed they can get them cheaper and rebooked. Not nice but it’s the way they work.
As an ex travel agent that was my assumption too.
Silly people, the future bookings they will lose over this shenanigans is far more than they've made on rebooking this one.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyBobby View Post
After a conversation with Lee, I've bee told ' that someone in the ticketing team didn't do the booking correctly hence why I've a new booking & new reference number' Florida Masters are now on the phone to VA to get the seats back for us in the bubble, god knows how they will do this as some folks have already got row 80 in the way to Orlando...

Been told that I'll get a phone call later confirming all this & I'll also get my tickets issued so that none of this happens again...

Fingers crossed!
So original booking with VIrgin was good enough to reserve seats but not to fly. Strange. Unfortunately we seem to have had a few threads over the years of rebookings taking place with this particular agent.

I always worry when T&C say they have the right to maker changes like this without notifying you and there T&C's make very interesting reading and is one reason I personally would never book with them.

As for them pocketing the difference. Their T&C's make it very clear that any saving they make (which implies they do follow the practice of rebookings) of less than 2% (total cost of hols not just flights) is theirs to keep. So potentially a lot of extra money to be made if they can do this across their client base.

Of course they do say any savings over 2% will be passed to the client. I wonder if that happens frequently or are they MASTERS at keeping each change below 2%. Might explain the name

Hopefully they will have luck with the seats and looking on the bright side you are still on the same flight airline route and time at the moment. Just don't let it ruin your hols.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've now had an email asking me to send a receipt through to Florida Masters to confirm I booked the bubble!

This is totally getting on my t**ts & stress I don't need at the moment...

My reply was : why can't you look at my old reference number to confirm that I've had these seats booked in the bubble! Grrrrrr 🤬
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jerseyboss
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I hope you have a good holiday pal regardless of the plane seating outcome.
It is scandalous what they've done and whilst I'm sure it's not an exclusive practice to Florida masters, going off this thread and some others has highlighted what they truly think of their customers.
I've never used them myself but I definitely won't be using the in the future either they sound like a right cowboy outfit.
jerseyboss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Well - there goes a TA that won't be getting any money from me!

Keep at them OP. Hope it doesn't tarnish your hols too much.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to jump in, but if your seats were changed even if you had paid for them, would you get the money back? I'm curious!

Hope you get sorted, OP. Not good customer service at all!
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Sorry to jump in, but if your seats were changed even if you had paid for them, would you get the money back? I'm curious!

Hope you get sorted, OP. Not good customer service at all!
I'm waiting on an answer from my reply, I'm wracking my brains & I can say that I'm 99% sure I never got a receipt from VA confirming my seats just a charge to my credit card!...
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've now had an email asking me to send a receipt through to Florida Masters to confirm I booked the bubble!

This is totally getting on my t**ts & stress I don't need at the moment...

My reply was : why can't you look at my old reference number to confirm that I've had these seats booked in the bubble! Grrrrrr 🤬
OP sounds like they are lazy as well as incompetent!
Have you asked them yet about refunding the £1000 difference they have saved by re-booking your flight.
Good luck at getting this sorted
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
OP sounds like they are lazy as well as incompetent!
Have you asked them yet about refunding the £1000 difference they have saved by re-booking your flight.
Good luck at getting this sorted
Thank you Frankie & gang, I'm still waiting to hear if I've got my original seats yet but I will most certainly be asking the question, when I get back from Wales, I'll be putting in complaints via ABTA & Citizens advice.
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

I'm waiting on an answer from my reply, I'm wracking my brains & I can say that I'm 99% sure I never got a receipt from VA confirming my seats just a charge to my credit card!...
I have booked seats in the bubble as well and also don't remember receiving a receipt! Just the bank statement showing that the charges were taken out of my account.