Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Here we go Again! Charlotte's 2nd WDW trip Jan 2019 - Day 10 Shopping, Swimming & Springs

Index is here

Day 10

Saturday 2nd Feb 2019

Today was another relatively slow paced day, we wanted to spend some more time at the pool so decided to hit the other Outlets at the far end of I Drive early on, then get back to Beach Club for lunch and a good play in the pool.

We filled up our cups on the way through, and put some ice in Charlotte's water bottle.

The sat nav in the car unfortunately directed us a ridiculous way, thank goodness for Google maps which saved us and got us on the right road again! I think it's because there's lots of works and new roads being built down there, the sat nav was probably just out of date.

We had a very nice mooch about and picked up some good stuff, although not as much as at Vineland. I always manage to get some good bras in Victoria's Secret, sometimes up to 80% off so I do love these outlets! On the way back to the car we saw a big tour group on their way in!

It started to absolutely pour down and we had no umbrella or rain cover for the pram, so we quickly dived into Old Navy. I was so glad we did! They had some really cute kids clothes and so reasonably priced, I got loads of little T shirts for Charlotte.

No problem fitting everything in the giant boot!

Once back at Beach Club, we headed back to the room and got changed into our pool gear.

We had lunch at Hurricane Hanna's, which was very nice actually. We had our refillable cups for soft drinks , so I got a wine and Martin got a beer. Charlotte shared my lunch, but the CM kindly gave her a little bucket and spade to play with at the pool, as that's what the kids meals are served in!

There was an older boy in this area, probably in his late teens who obviously had some additional needs. He was running around trying to catch the birds, who were obviously hanging around looking for left over crumbs. I don't think he would have actually managed to catch one, but Charlotte got a bit alarmed a couple of times as he ran past us grabbing for one. His dad was sitting at the bar, completely ignoring him. After a little while, we noticed he had gone and soon the mum turned up and was panicking and giving the dad down the banks that he hadn't been supervising him!

Noot sure what the outcome was, as we got our bands from the lifeguard at the pool gate who checked we were resort guests and let us into the pool area.

We had a very enjoyable few hours, splashing, playing and sitting in the sunshine. The temperature was perfect.

Once we were all a bit wrinkly and time was marching on, we went back to our room to have showers and get dressed for our ADR at Homecomin'.

I have written that we had a "discussion" about whether to get the bus or drive In the end we drove.

We checked in and got a buzzer. There was a little bench so we sitted there and played with Charlotte's toys with her while we waited.

Only a few minutes later, our buzzer went off and we were seated on the covered outdoor patio, and left the buggy outside in the main buggy park. We ordered drinks, I had a blackberry moonshine cocktail and it was incredible, the nicest drink I had in the whole 2 weeks.

Charlotte was doing some colouring, then asked for her toys. We looked around and didn't have them! I quickly went back to the bench we had been sitting on outside the restaurant and they were underneath it! Phew. I can't imagine the devastation if we lost Dumbo!

We enjoyed our meal here, but not quite as much as last time. There was just something not quite as nice, I can't out my finger on it. Our server wasn't the best, and this was the only restaurant for the whole trip that charged us for a milk for Charlotte.

As we were waiting I noticed it was raining outside so Martin popped out to put the rain cover on the pram.

The American family at the table behind ours were pretty taken with Charlotte and waving to her the whole time. On the way out we stopped for a moment and said hello, as they'd finished eating too. They were really nice.

We had a good mooch round World of Disney next, then watched the musical act on the stage outside for a little while.

I loved this vintage poster in the restrooms,

Charlotte hadn't had a nap again though and was getting a bit fed up, so we called it a day and headed home!

Tomorrow - Roaring Fork, Magic Kingdom and Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge

Edited at 02:54 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LozzaManse
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Love reading your report! Takes me back to our stay at the beach club last year! We’re thinking about February for next year but my husband is worried about the weather for pools and water parks. It looks like you were fine with it? Was that most days or just a few?
LozzaManse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LozzaManse View Post
Love reading your report! Takes me back to our stay at the beach club last year! We’re thinking about February for next year but my husband is worried about the weather for pools and water parks. It looks like you were fine with it? Was that most days or just a few?
Thank you! There were only a couple of days it would have been a bit cold to swim, generally it was the rainy days. Other than that it was fine, it did get cool of evening though up until the second week when the weather definitely got hotter. All our February days were lovely, temperature wise. We found it a really nice time to go! Festival of the Arts is so good too.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh the pool looks lovely. Charlotte was clearly enjoying the sand.

Will have to make sure I remember to order that cocktail at homecomin’ x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Ooh the pool looks lovely. Charlotte was clearly enjoying the sand.

Will have to make sure I remember to order that cocktail at homecomin’ x
Definitely, you won't regret it! I've just looked at the menu, and I think it was possibly the Royal Sangria? I definitely remember it had blackberry something in it and that looks most likely!x
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a lovely slower-paced non-park day! (I wish we had some of these on our trip looking back now!)

Charlotte's swimsuit is the cutest!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a lovely slower-paced non-park day! (I wish we had some of these on our trip looking back now!)

Charlotte's swimsuit is the cutest!
It's hard when you're there though isn't it, you get swept away doing stuff!

Aw thanks, she looked like she was wearing one of the little retro ones on display at the Beach Club

Xxx