Old 25 Aug 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Day 5

29th May 2018 - Hollywood studios and Epcot

We were awake around 7 and up at 20 past, me and the girls had pop tarts for breakfast, so healthy!
We left at 820 aiming for HS opening to get TSM done as FP for other 3 rides. Dave didn’t want sat nav today as he knew where to go and would follow HS signs once on Disney property. This went wrong and we ended up leaving Disney property before making a u turn to return, oops.
Parked up at 850, chose the slowest bag check line again, not even a happy cast member, she was really grumpy. Got through at 915, posted wait for TSM was 45 minutes! Decided to wait it out, I was pretty grumpy myself at this point, the posted wait dropped to 35 while we queued, we actually boarded after 16 mins, and I won (only scored 127,400 but was more than the rest of us) so was in a much better mood!

Planned to head to Star Tours now as wait posted 5 mins so could do this before our FP. When we get there queue had jumped to 25 mins so we just used our FP. We got scenes we had not seen before so this was nice.
We were hungry now so went to Starbucks for a snack. I heard they had moved the carrot cake cookie here since the closing of staring rolls so that was what I was having, the others had oat and raisin cookie, fruit tart, cherry danish and having seen these on a number of trip reports, I got a very berry hibiscus.

The Carrot Cake cookie more cakey than it used to be but still very tasty. I can also see why people like the drink, it was very refreshing, will def be getting more of these on the DP next year (but in the largest size as I wont be paying)

We wondered down to RnR stopping to browse in the shops as we went. RnR as good as ever. The woman in front of us made me smile, she was explaining the ride to her family and said ‘It’s really fast, but quick!” Not totally sure what she meant, but it tickled me!

Niamh was enjoying collecting pressed pennies this trip so she did a couple more around this area while we waited for ToT FP to open. We had some MM photos before riding ToT.
I hate this ride more and more each time I do it, not sure if I’ll ride it next year or not. Dave and the girls love it though.

We left the park now as we had done all the rides and not bothered about the shows today. Back to hotel, and the girls went straight to the pool but had to leave 20 mins later as closed due to ‘inclement weather’ there was a short shower when we got back, but that was all.

By the time we headed out for Epcot around 5, it was very heavy rain! We love World Showcase at night so that was the plan, as we’ve been in bed early every night, I figured we wouldn’t catch Illuminations but it would be nice to wonder around. I’d booked a Spaceship Earth FP for 655-755 in case this fitted. The rain was light as we parked, but enough for ponchos, just as well as just after bag checked it hammered it down again.
We headed to Electric Umbrella as this was were we had planned for tea anyway. While we waited for the rain to pass, we ate burgers and flat breads. The wait for Soarin was 30 mins, so we decided to do this as we haven’t a FP for it tomorrow. When we got there it was posted 40, but it was more like 50 by the time we rode. It was good though and I’m glad we waited.

We finally made it to World Showcase, by which point Amelia’s feet were sore and Niamh’s ulcer was hurting and it seemed we were as miserable as the weather. We just wondered around Canada – loads of good PJs / loungewear here and then to UK before turning around and heading back. As we were leaving the park, it was 8:07, even though it was a little passed the FP time, I thought it worth a try at SSE as I’d heard it was OK up to 15 mins late, we were fine and in the queue. I rode with Niamh, we ended up being skiing daredevils, leaving me with a fake broken arm fixed by a robot and some bone growing critters.

We left straight after our ride, and were back in the hotel just after 9, the girls were in bed soon after.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Great ride photo on RNRC!

Isabella rode ToT for the first time this trip - she loved it unfortunately, as I don't love it!

Jo x

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great ride photos x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List