Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I suffer from travel sickness on the night flights. I have realized that if I stay awake I am not sick - if I fall asleep then I wake up with a hot feeling from my stomach and I am violently sick. I am sure it has got something to do with the balance in the ears and not visualizing where I am etc. I went to see the pharmacist and she recommended the bands as any other meds would make me drowsy/sleep and that would bring on the sickness.
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
I suffer from travel sickness on the night flights. I have realized that if I stay awake I am not sick - if I fall asleep then I wake up with a hot feeling from my stomach and I am violently sick. I am sure it has got something to do with the balance in the ears and not visualizing where I am etc. I went to see the pharmacist and she recommended the bands as any other meds would make me drowsy/sleep and that would bring on the sickness.
I'm pretty sure that is what happens with my son, he's fine while awake but if he sleeps then he wakes up and it immediately starts. So I'm a bit wary of the travel meds that might make him drowsy but the bands don't seem to do anything. Might just have to keep him awake the whole time!
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
They take it the night before but if they do take it morning of travel it does nt make them sleepy.
So if our flight is the evening one, he could take it first thing in the morning (the day of the flight) and it shouldn't make him drowsy? He always seems to be ill if he falls asleep so I really don't want to give him anything that might make him drowsy!

Also just noticed your countdown, so we're not the only ones who book this far out! 16 months, it's soooooo long to wait
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
So if our flight is the evening one, he could take it first thing in the morning (the day of the flight) and it shouldn't make him drowsy? He always seems to be ill if he falls asleep so I really don't want to give him anything that might make him drowsy!

Also just noticed your countdown, so we're not the only ones who book this far out! 16 months, it's soooooo long to wait
I’d try it at home to see if it makes him sleepy. Neither of mine get sleepy on it but others have said their children do. Check with pharmacist when to give it.
Normally plan two years before, this feels late for me😆
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our daughter was sick on flight home from Orlando in the last hour. This time I am going to give her a travel sickness tablet before taking off and another halfway through flight if she is awake. I think it may have been too long a flight on one tablet. We'll see
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
For the person to say about the dream liner I actually do find we are less travel sick on it so it might make a difference.

I’m not great at traveling and my daughter is the same, my tips would be, try not to be too over tired, eat a good size meal before flying but stay away from sugar. Having an empty stomach or being over tired is what triggers it most of the time so I always take crisp too! Oh and a silly one but I was told to sit on a magazine, not sure if it works but it’s what a doctor told me! Hope your flights go smoothly.
Thank you Iluvholidays, this is what I wanted to hear
She's usually fine outbound, but has always had trouble travelling at night or rather, in the dark. So much so that I think a lot of it is in her head.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm going to buy some Phenergan well before we travel so DD can try it and make sure it's ok for her.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My daughter suffers with this too. This year we are trying a couple of days in New York so we can travel home on a day flight to see if this helps! Bit extreme, but gives us an excuse to visit NY.
Hope you find something that helps.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

My daughter had horrendous air sickness when she was younger . Throughout the whole flight. Was absolutely fine once we landed. The Dr prescribed her phenergen . I have to say it was fantastic . It made her sleep and she wasn’t sick once when taking it and was fine when we landed . It didn’t make her drowsy once she woke up
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Both my daughter’s are like this usually start being sick about 2hrs from landing at Gatwick not so great when you then have to fly to Aberdeen! I ended up buying Dramamine before we came home and it worked a treat, So now I stock up when we are in the US. Fingers crossed they haven’t been sick on a flight since.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List