Old 11 Sep 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 11 - Meeting Ariel in MK & After Hours Party in AK

Monday 19th August

Poor Poppy woke me up at 5am this morning and asked me to get up with her, as I did we had to run as she was so ill and had an upset tummy too.

Oh no, it's the same bug Chris had. She slept in fits and starts on the couch in the front room with me, she found it difficult to keep water down

I sat and debated what to do today about Magic Kingdom (that was the plan this morning) and looked at when I could phone the MC about the TV issue.

I was a bit emotional this morning and had a bit of a cry, I think it's all the sickness, some of us missing out on things, feeling guilty at the thought of going to MK without Poppy and Chris. And I was stressing about breaking the TV (it wasn't broke)

I'd spoken by email to the villa owner last night, he had contacted cable for me and they said no issues their end, so I said I'd phone MC this morning to see if Colin could come round and help.

I phoned Colin and he told me to unplug a certain lead and the box would reset, then Mark, the villa owner, phoned me, he lives in canada to say he was on the phone with the cable Co again and they would reset the box.

Whatever was done, whether it was that or the lead, it worked! THANK GOD we didn't break anything.

I altered the early FP we had, I included an Ariel meet and greet at 14.30. Jess said she would come to MK with me and Chris offered to drop us off and pick us up. Brandon stayed home anyway by choice (teenager on a laptop) and Chris was soon home to look after Poppy.

On the way to the park I realised I's forgotten the autograph books - oh no! so I decided to buy a post card for Ariel to sign instead.

So Jess and I had a mother daughter trip to Magic Kingdom.

Jess made some sandwiches for us to take, we had water and crisps too - we WILL save some cash on food today! We were dropped off at the TTC and got the monorail to MK.

WE headed straight to Buzz where Jess destroyed my score, she was so pleased ha!

She had to have the victory documented (because I beat the pants of her on Men in Black! )

Then next was FantasyLand to go on Voage under the Sea.

I love this ride! But of course I do, I'm obsessed!
I managed to modify the FP for Ariel meet and greet for straight after we walked off the ride so I messaged Chris and asked for him to pick us up. He reported that all had been fine with Poppy, no more sick since 5am, yyaaayyyy!

As you can tell, I'm in my Element here, Jess not so much but she even got in the last photo (because Ariel asked her and Jess didn't want to say no! )

I had a lovely time with Jess today and we got the Ferry back to the TCC, it was weird to be on it when it's empty!

Chris Poppy and I all had afternoon naps at various times, and as Poppy was fine all day we decided it would be okay to head to Animal Kingdom tonight for After Hours Party, Yaaaayyyyy!

I had been looking forward to this ever since I booked it. It starts at 8pm, you can be in the park earlier if you have these tickets, but we had no reason to be and wanted to keep Pops at home as long as we could before park time so we got there for 8pm.

The Tree is SO beautiful at night, I LOVE it. It was a bit of a faff getting our wristbands, they never said a word at park entrance, and when we straight up to Pandora they said no you need to get wristbands and it was from this little podium by a shop in a random place, but we got them so all good

Straight to Pandora first, of course! We've never been on FoP and were desperate to experience it!

The standby time, we were on it in 10mins then yoou go through the pre ride shows which take a bit of time.

Amazing- Amazing! we loved it. Poppy wasn't a fan of how it made her tummy feel so she didn't go on it again but we all did, numerous times.

Whichever adult wasn't on FoP, we took Poppy to Na'avi River Journey, it was a walk on nearly all night and we LOVED that too!

We all tried to take some lovely photos in Pandora at night but it just didn't work, none of them do the land any justice at all!

See ridiculous! take my word for it, it's beautiful at night.

We stocked up on drinks to carry round (and then take home) it was a cast member who told us to stock up! We also got lots of Popcorn and then we snacked on various ice lollys throughout the evening. I had a particular nice coconut one in Pandora

And of course, the must have!

I just LOVED tonight

After Pandora we headed to Dinoland. We all went on Dinosaur whichb Poppy enjoyed!?!

Chris and the older two took Poppy on Tricerotops whirl again

Chris, Brandon and Jess decided they wanted to go on Everest now, which they did numerous times and made various poses on the ride photo but I won't post them all!

While they were off amusing themselves I was going to take Poppy to it's tough to be a bug but on the way we spotted a Mickey and Minnie Character greet with little wait . We hadn't met Minnie yet so in we went. I am so glad we did, was a lovely lovely experience, spent lots of time with us, Mickey showed Poppy that he loved her hair and that she was like Merida from Brave, he signalled a bow and arrow to explain to her.

After those we met up again and headed back to Pandora to finish off the night.

We were home by 1am - Poppy did amazingly well considering her early start, her sickness and a late night.

Tomorrow, relaxed day, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at night, and the sick bug strikes again...

Edited at 02:38 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Wow, what a day! I've pretty much binge read your report up to now and am really enjoying reading along.

You guys seem to have had a fab trip even with the illness/flight delays etc. Hope the sick bug didn't last too long, there's honestly nothing worse than being ill on holiday!

AK After Hours looks absolutely amazing!
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry you all been so poorly. What an absolute cutie your Poppy is & what a little trooper after her sickly start. Was so interested in your AK night as we have it booked for next week & reading all about it was great cant wait now.

Edited at 07:29 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Poor Poppy (and Chris) A sick bug is so horrible and must be even worse at WDW when you want to be out and about. Sounds like you and Jess had a wonderful time though and so glad you all made it to After Hours in the evening. We are going to the AK one next month and I am even more excited now - looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your TR - am really enjoying it
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Poor Poppy glad you managed your girly trip to MK and the after hours party looked like you got lots done

Joan
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Aww poor Poppy, but equally what a lovely trip for you and Jess.

AK after hours looks amazing!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Wow, what a day! I've pretty much binge read your report up to now and am really enjoying reading along.

You guys seem to have had a fab trip even with the illness/flight delays etc. Hope the sick bug didn't last too long, there's honestly nothing worse than being ill on holiday!

AK After Hours looks absolutely amazing!
aww thank you, thats great to hear AK really was fabulous, worth the ticket price for me

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
So sorry you all been so poorly. What an absolute cutie your Poppy is & what a little trooper after her sickly start. Was so interested in your AK night as we have it booked for next week & reading all about it was great cant wait now.
Thanks so much Pat, you will LOVE it!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Poor Poppy (and Chris) A sick bug is so horrible and must be even worse at WDW when you want to be out and about. Sounds like you and Jess had a wonderful time though and so glad you all made it to After Hours in the evening. We are going to the AK one next month and I am even more excited now - looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your TR - am really enjoying it
It really wasn't nice, waiting to see which one of us it ook out next but we managed to still have a great time! Have a wonderful time!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Poor Poppy glad you managed your girly trip to MK and the after hours party looked like you got lots done

Joan
Thanks Joan

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Aww poor Poppy, but equally what a lovely trip for you and Jess.

AK after hours looks amazing!
It really was fantastic for me, so glad Pops was well enough to join us!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ak after hours looks fantastic! Your pictures with Micky and Minnie are so lovely!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List