Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Our March trip is costing very little which is why we're going, our intention was actually to do the Trans Siberian Railway, very pleased now that we decided against it!

Tickets - £0, we have annual passes
Hotel - DVC members so staying on points
Flights - 2 x VA UC reward flights, approx £1200 in tax
Airport parking - should be around £100
Spends will just be food and any tours we do, we won't do any shopping.

Our August trip is a different matter!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Booked last night. 14 nights staying at Pop Century. Direct flights from Birmingham. 10 May. £977 per person. Decent price. Now planning November trip!
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbelluk
Excited about Disney

It's fascinating to see everyone's costs and irrelevant of how much or little it costs, the memories made in my mind are worth every single penny. Also makes me long for the £99 TCD flights and $2 to the £ days as well

We are 2 Adults and 2 Children (9) & (10)

Dates 7th - 23rd May

Estas - £44
Premier Inn Gatwick- £44
Car Parking Gatwick - Valet Meet & Greet - £71
Flights LGW - MCO with Virgin - £1,266
Seats in the bubble (both ways) - £280
Car Hire (Intermediate SUV) - £295
AOA Resort 2 nights - £308
Villa 14 nights - £1,143
Disney Tickets 14 Days - £1,530
Boggy Creek - £30

Total £5,011 - £78.30 pppn

CASHBACK: Parking - £3.72, Villa - £72.07, Disney Hotel - £9.24 Flights - £7.87, Car Hire - £14.75 = £107.65 which brings it down slightly to £4,903.35, £76.61 pppn

Obviously, food and spending money still to come!
Tinkerbelluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Feb trip (13-23 feb) in a couple of weeks is a budget trip using AP's for SW and Universal.
We are going as a group of 6, but 2 of the group are paying their own way so we are covering the cost of 2a+2c...

Flights. LGW direct MCO with Virgin. £997 incl seats.
Villa 10 nights £900 ( other 2 in the group are contributing to overall price).
Car Full size SUV £200 (same again).

Universal AP cost of the upgrade was £190. But we will use them on this and another trip. So £95.
Seaworld AP. This was about £150, so £75 goes against this trip.

£57pppn.

Doesn't include spends.

Can't wait!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Interesting to see everyone's totals! Here's mine for now, although I'm sure I will end up adding bits on before we go. Doesn't include spends.

2 adults April 2020

7 nights Rosen Plaza & indirect flights from MAN £1100 (BA package)
1 night AKL £272
2 day disney tickets £378
Already have Universal & Busch Gardens annual passes
Total £1750
£125pppn.

2 adults October 2020
7 nights POR with Disney 14 day tickets & QSDP £2314
Virgin economy light from MAN £842
Seat selection & baggage £220
7 nights Avanti Resort £350
Universal AP already paid for
Total £3726
£133pppn
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

We've paid £13,200 for three weeks July-August for two people.
That's return flights with Virgin Premium Economy, 1 week at the Royal Pacific Resort with park tickets, 2 weeks at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with Savannah view rooms, free DDP and park tickets, Discovery Cove with swim tickets, very good insurance (I always go over the top with this - we spent roughly £250) and a one night stay at the Radisson Bu at Manchester airport. We're getting a lift there but we need to book a transfer for when we get back. This doesn't include spends.

We've saved for this for four years and we don't have kids (sadly!). I'm a teacher so I work through most of my holidays and do a big one every three years. The Dibb gets me through the gaps.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Much less that it was going to cost with VH that’s for sure!
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

How many people convert airmiles to actually get flights? As we are hoping this is significantly going to save us for our next trip In a few years time.

If so how easy is it to get them at peak times?
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

We use airmiles reward seats. Cost us £925 And 95,000 miles for the whole return journey per person in UC both ways. Flying Heathrow to Miami in October. Premium return for same journey was approx £710 plus 45000 miles per person for the whole return journey

Re how easy it is...
The seats are released circa 11months in advance. I always book as soon as they are released... yes I even set my alarm to book at circa 6am.
Orlando is very popular...so Miami is a good alternative especially if you want to combine with some exploring (We are doing one week Orlando and one week Cape Coral this year).

The uc seats are limited which is why we go to Miami to get 5 seats. Economy have most seats released. Depending how sales are going they do randomly release more seats.

I always book outbound flight as soon as I find seats... then book return flight once they are released.

For example this year the uc flights were released circa one month after the economy and premium were released on the outbound.

My biggest recommendation is download the app... and check daily near the release date...by checking what is happening on days before you want to travel... you can start to see trends, etc

We have got seats 3 times in October half term doing the above (ie we have always got seats when we tried in the class wanted - premium or UC)

October half term is off peak for reward flights so better value

Edited at 12:15 PM.
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Beddy666 View Post
How many people convert airmiles to actually get flights? As we are hoping this is significantly going to save us for our next trip In a few years time.

If so how easy is it to get them at peak times?
I do!

In the last 4/5 years I have had a return economy in April to Orlando, a return economy to Barbados in April (Easter hols), an upper out / economy return to Orlando in August (summer hols) and currently have an upper out / economy return booked for this summer too. It's entirely possible to earn the miles and (if you are prepared to search, refresh and be on the ball) get them for peak times too.

As a dsiclaimer I will say these are all from Gatwick though. Machester has become much trickier with the lack of competition for cash bookings.