Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Feb 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Buses, Bars and Bargains. January 2020. Day 6, Vineland outlets, Ross, Point Orlando, Sweet Tomatoes

Index

Thursday 16th

We woke about 6.30. I went to breakfast.

I gave up on the doughnuts as they left a funny taste.

We decided to try Vineland outlets this morning so took the trolley there. It was nice to see where we had to get off for Seaworld and Point Orlando.
The journey took about 30 minutes and we were a little early so had a look around. It seemed easier to navigate the Premium outlets with more designer shops.
Disney store had a queue to get in before it opened.
We had a look in a few shops but didn’t see anything. Disney had a good sale on 2019 Xmas clothes but it was packed so I didn't pick anything up.
We left and took the trolley back to the Premium outlets. First stop was Taco Bell, I think we were in time for breakfast.
We didn’t bother going into the outlets but instead went back into CK which still had 70% off.
Matt had another look and brought some more tops and boxers.

I haven’t got the receipt but I think it was about $30.
Ross was a little further along, when I lived in Denver I remember Ross to have some bargains but not the jumble sale this shop looked like.
I wanted a few Areopostle t shirts but had to look in the men’s department. I picked out 4 then headed to the queue which was massive. I nearly put them back but we had plenty of time so I waited. We were behind someone with a trolley full. It took about 20 minutes to get to the till.
When I was paying someone behind us had brought a suitcase and was shoving all the stuff they brought in it, not nice and neatly but just sticking it it randomly and it was overflowing, a girl was sitting on it to get it closed.
Matt kept looking and commenting, the cashier laughed and said they do it all time.
I brought 4 t shirts.

Cost $40.43 (£31.97)
Dollar tree was next door so we looked in there, I got some sweets for Dd and snacks for the room.

We took the trolley back to the hotel and relaxed around the pool, I went in the spa.
We got ready and walked to Wild Buffalo Wings for happy hour drinks.

Matt asked for a pitcher but the bar tender said a large beer was better value so he got talked into that then moaned about it. I went for a sangria again but they didn’t have brandy so used grand mariner, it was still good.
It was lovely to sit outside and watch the world go by. The drivers are mad though, made me glad we didn’t hire a car. It so strange as drivers will give way to pedestrians on the pavements but cut each other up all the time.
We saw a shop called Medmen, it had blacked out windows so I googled it and it found out it sells cannabis.

We finished the drinks and took the trolley to Point Orlando.
First drink was at The Pub, we were greeted by Scottish dressed servers and ordered a gin and lemonade and beer. This was happy hour and it was just under $10.

Next stop was next door at Cuba Libra

I had a sangria made with Sailor Jerry’s rum and Matt had a beer plus he said he should have a Cuba Libra here as its a drink Del Boy would drink. He tried it but I ended up finishing it. Happy hour again so under $15 for all the drinks. I got forgetful with the receipts towards the end of the holiday.

The last bar we tried was Blue Martini, half price drinks until 7pm.
I had a creamsicle cocktail and Matt had a blue moon. $11.18

I loved it here, there was a sign on the table that said dancing at own risk. Matt wasn't keen on the beer and would have a bottle next time, my cocktail was delicious. The girls had slightly revealing tops as their uniform. I could imagine having a good night out there.
We were quite tipsy now so had a look in the shops. The Tommy shop was full of bargains and we picked up a few bits. $44.68

We took the trolley to Sweet Tomatoes.
Matt had a birthday free meal plus 20% off and the cashier used them both so it only cost $15. plus we used the last of the money on the gift card.

This meal was so good, really tasty and fresh.
We took the trolley back to the hotel.

Edited at 09:57 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

You had some great drinks there! And some more bargains! You are certainly making use of having a case included

Dinner looked good - got to love a veggie filled meal!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
You had some great drinks there! And some more bargains! You are certainly making use of having a case included

Dinner looked good - got to love a veggie filled meal!
Honestly didn’t think we would be coming home with so much stuff!

Sweet tomatoes was one of my favourite meals, even Matt enjoyed it and he didnt have the salad.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some bargains again today

Joan
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some bargains again today

Joan
We did pick up some real bargains