Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Watch your kids in the fearless river at volcano bay, amazing fun but my god it’s goes fast, i was terrified of losing my kids in it.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I would definitely go for opening time and definitely wear water shoes. I was worried about not getting shade so we decided to indulge ourselves with premium seating.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
For beds, I would suggest the following (we always arrive at park opening):

Blizzard Beach - keep left on arrival, wait at the bridge where everyone is held, once open, cross the bridge and grab a bed under the large gazebos (they are either side and plenty of choice).

Typhoon Lagoon - keep right on arrival, walk past the toilets/changing area around to the beach area in front of coconut/pineapple raft rides and grab umbrella/beds there.

We've always managed to get decent beds/umbrellas in peak season.

toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I would agree arrival at opening is definitely the way to go, sometimes we have stayed just for the morning others ending up there almost the whole day.

On our last trip we found buying one of the Disney Waterpark refillable mugs was a good investment vs constant buying of drinks. (They can be reactivates for future visits and I’m hoping we can reuse them in October...)

Another tip buy a cheap pair of sunglasses to wear, on our 2016 trip my prescription ray-bans were knocked off my face in the wave pool at TL (thankfully someone else found them) while on the 2014 trip they fell off on a slide at Aquatica. This time (with fixed eyes) I have a pair of £5 supermarket sunglasses to wear at water parks that I don’t mind loosing / braking.)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
I would agree arrival at opening is definitely the way to go, sometimes we have stayed just for the morning others ending up there almost the whole day.

On our last trip we found buying one of the Disney Waterpark refillable mugs was a good investment vs constant buying of drinks. (They can be reactivates for future visits and I’m hoping we can reuse them in October...)

Another tip buy a cheap pair of sunglasses to wear, on our 2016 trip my prescription ray-bans were knocked off my face in the wave pool at TL (thankfully someone else found them) while on the 2014 trip they fell off on a slide at Aquatica. This time (with fixed eyes) I have a pair of £5 supermarket sunglasses to wear at water parks that I don’t mind loosing / braking.)
Agree on the sunglasses, I had a pair knocked off in Aquatica and they were never handed in
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Great thread following along
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Avoid going towards the end of the week and definitely avoid weekends! Mon-Wed are the quietest days.
Old 8 Feb 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

What does everyone do about their their bags and valuables eg phones etc if everyone is in the water?
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We don't take phones and valuables into the park other than car keys which are put in a locker along with drinks, snacks and suncream. Towels and books are left on the loungers.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Water shoes save burnt feet.
Also as mentioned the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool floor is very rough my son got knocked off his feet by a wave his back looked like he had been attacked by a bear.
We spent time at the medical centre and then had to leave as he couldn't be in the water or in the sun.
Make sure you get your kids to brace when the wave hits or stand behind them, it knocks strong adults off there feet.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List