Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
To be fair, the PO can only accept cheques and paying-in slips in envelopes provided by the banks. and pass them onto the appropriate bank. PO’s don’t/can’t stamp the paying in slip and put the cheque straight into the clearing.

Our local PO counters has a stock of envelopes from banks which they will give you on request.
The post office provide the envelope for the cheque and paying in slip to go into?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Wait... are cheques not defunct now
You’re lucky she accepted it at all
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The post office provide the envelope for the cheque and paying in slip to go into?
Ours does. They are Nat West ( my bank) envelopes but have the Post Office logo on them. They can do this for most banks I believe . I ask for a couple whenever I’m in there, in case I need them.

Put your cheque(s) and completed paying in slip in (not cash). The PO will send the envelope and contents to the bank sort code you write on the front. Processing is done by that branch, not the PO so it usually means it takes an extra working day for the money to hit your account.

Like this:

This is the website that lists what
The PO can handle for which banks:
postoffice/everydaybanking

Edited at 02:04 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I got asked about life insurance and 'leaving a little something for the grandchildren' in the Post Office today. I'm in my 40's, my own kids are early teens, and to be honest I'll be leaving a whole lot more than 'a little something' unless something catastrophic happens. Might buy some better face cream though, I'm dieting at the moment and have lost 50lb so do have a bit of that 'haggard dieting face' thing going on right now .
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Our local post office is fabulous. It shut for a while last year, but was saved. The staff are friendly and helpful and always smiling. They really help the older folk who go in there and I think that they go above and beyond, so I guess we are very lucky.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I had my cheque book and paying in slip completed, but the useless woman didn't even know that they go into one of the post offices envelopes, not one I am supplied with.

Apologies for using a servcie at my post office that they are supposed to provide (like allowing me to pay my first direct cheque in). Perhaps I will avoid using my post office in future to buy stamps to avoid confusing them any further.

Sounds like I should be grateful that I was allowed to send a document at 4.31pm a minute after the cut off time, and at the bargain price of £6.60

WOW How rude .. that's like saying just because your late for something its everyone else fault .£6.60 for a guaranteed next day service fully tracked and insured .Sorry but I didn't think it was bad before I worked there .More so now I do and know whats involved .Do you not think that the lady might have been training or genuinely didn't know ..Like I say we are covering lots more things nowadays more than just licking stamps
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SHREKS OTHER1/2 View Post
WOW How rude .. that's like saying just because your late for something its everyone else fault .£6.60 for a guaranteed next day service fully tracked and insured .Sorry but I didn't think it was bad before I worked there .More so now I do and know whats involved .Do you not think that the lady might have been training or genuinely didn't know ..Like I say we are covering lots more things nowadays more than just licking stamps
Wow you are so right, I'm really so rude for expecting her to put my item through a minute after the cut off time when the sack next to her was still open.

If you read my posts you will have seen that she has been working in there for ages.

If the lady didn't know why did she reluctantly accept my item when I mentioned it was only 4.31pm and place it in the unsealed sack.

I didn't actually ask her to lick anything as the labels are self adhesive.

Clearly this is down to me being a very bad customer, and not down to the woman that lacks the basic understanding of customer service.

I shall remove my belt and give myself several lashings for being such a terrible customer.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

You use a belt to hold those shorts up?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Very naughty Mickey House, upsetting people!