Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Feb 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Buses, Bars and Bargains. January 2020. Travel home.

Index

Monday 20th.

After a few discussions about what to do on our last day we had decided to visit Islands of Adventure early, ride Hagrids and the two water rides and be back at the hotel by 11 so we could change and check out.
However Matt had banged his foot again in the night and couldn’t really cope with all the walking. In hindsight I should have just gone by myself but I felt bad about leaving him. I had a little moan but then thought about what a fantastic holiday we had and got over it.
Instead we chilled out in the room, I read some trip reports which was nice as I don’t have much time at home to catch up. I discovered caitlinsmummy so I read her older one this morning. I love how she’s so honest about her fall outs with her husband, it reminds me of me and Matt sometimes.
I also read Disneydaffodils Vietnam as I knew she had posted another day.
We left the room just before 11 and left our cases in the luggage room at reception.
We went to a little cafe/bar along the road called World Cafe and both had a beer. $6.37

It was a little cooler this morning so didn’t feel too hot in our jeans.
We then went back to Chillis for our final lunch.
Matt had 2 courses and a drink for $10 and I had 2 courses for $8 and ordered a soda separately.
After the other evening we shared nachos and chilli.

Matt had the burger

I had bacon and chicken quesadillas

Total $23.33

We then popped over to Buffalo Wild Wings for a final beer.

Matt knows how nervous I get about getting to the airport so he suggested getting an earlier bus.
We collected our cases and walked to a stop.
The timetables are not really accurate but we only waited about 15 minutes before the 42 came along. It was nice to see where it goes in the daylight, it passes Florida Mall and took about an hour. $2 each.
The BA check in was easy to find and a short queue was already forming. We joined it and waited 10 minutes before the desks opened. They were very quick and we were checked in easily. Cases were now 18 and 19 kilo.
We had a look around and then went through security. One guard was a character and made us laugh. It took about 10/15 minutes and everyone had the body scan. We couldn’t keep our passports in pockets here so quickly got our things when we were done.
Matt got a Burger King, I fancied something sweet so pottered about. I went to buy a muffin from the sandwich place but they were only taking cards and I wanted to use up the last of the dollars.
I eventually brought some sweet pretzels.

We walked to gate, waited about 20/30 minutes to board and in we went.
Massive bonus, no one next to us. Although I had the person in front of me already reclined so I had to squeeze in.
Take off was fine, I was smart this time and ordered a gin and lemonade plus a wine for the meal.

The meal was chicken curry and even Matt ate it. We swapped so I had his salad and he had my roll.

I watched Isn’t it romantic which was so funny in places.
I then watched Dark Phoenix, I’m not really into marvel but it was ok.
I put booksmart on next so I could try and get some sleep, it worked until we had quite bad turbulence which made me want to buy the WiFi and tell everyone I loved them. Matt slept through it.
I then just turned everything off and slept a little.
We had a breakfast muffin.

Landing was good and we had arrived early.
Passport control was empty although Matt couldn’t get through the machines, this happens every time in the U.K.
Our bags were the first off and we were out just before 8am.
Unfortunately our coach was at 12.30. Obviously the fact I didn’t book the earlier one was my fault, well if I could see into the future I would have!
We went to spoons upstairs which was pain with the cases as no escalators (saw the lift after we were up) and I looked online at options. No direct coaches but one to Norwich earlier. I popped downstairs to ask the national express kiosk about changing tickets. This guy was so lovely and helpful, he even gave me a chocolate. He said we couldn’t change but we could use the first leg (Gatwick to London) on any coach as long as they had room.
This was good news as the coach Gatwick to Norwich was £38 but London to Norwich was £9.00, both prices were for us both.,
The Gatwick to London coach runs every half hour so we got on the next one, I think it was 9.30.
I booked our tickets on the way.
We had a half hour stop in London so just popped Tesco’s for a meal deal each.

We pretty much slept the whole way home then the local bus was in the station when we arrived so we were straight on that.
We went to Mums, she cooks Sunday lunch every week and always has left overs.

Then I drove home, had to deice the car first. Straight to bed, my work had given me the following day off as well.

Will do a summary of everything in my final post.

Edited at 08:17 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely trip you have had. The last day is always awkward with waiting around!

Looking forward to reading your round up!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Thanks for posting your trip report, I have enjoyed reading it. Thank you

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good travel home day glad you were able to sort your bus travel out

Joan
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lovely report. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I got some funny looks at work when I said that we would be going to wdw, just the two of us. People seem to think that it's just for kids. Fools! They just don't get it.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a lovely trip you have had. The last day is always awkward with waiting around!

Looking forward to reading your round up!
Thank you. I would rather just get up and go travelling home but no choice about the fight times. I get anxious so just like to get there.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good travel home day glad you were able to sort your bus travel out

Joan
Thank you, it was nice to get home 2 hours earlier and not wait around.
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Lovely report. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I got some funny looks at work when I said that we would be going to wdw, just the two of us. People seem to think that it's just for kids. Fools! They just don't get it.
Thank you. I have only posted small Europe trips but I really wanted to finish this one.