Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Highs, lows, general thoughts and future plans

Firstly, thanks to everyone who posts on the DIBB. The information that I got from here was invaluable to making our trip so amazing. As first timers, there’s no way it would have been as fruitful without it.

I’m glad I did a live trip report as it help me to remember things, although the tiredness meant that I missed out some of the finer details.

Highs

Dash-

Restaurant: sci fo diner apparently!

Ride: mission: space (“I loved that!”), slinky dog dash and seven dwarfs (“It was so much fun!”).

Experience: Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique! ( I do think they could have a bit more for boys though!)

Character meet: Evil queen

Violet-

Restaurant:

Ride: FOP and Everest.

Experience: BBB and pretty much everything (special mention for the Epcot boat fireworks with @villiainlover)

Character meet: Jessie, Dopey & Mary Poppins

(Not) Elastigirl-

Restaurant: storybook dining ,although I do think the food could be better.

Ride: Flight of passage and Soarin’. They made me feel so happy 😁

Experience: Manatee swim. It was breathtaking! Seeing Violet embrace it was almost as good as experiencing it myself.
Other than that, just seeing the kids smile so much and enjoy it. When we were sat at dinner one day, Dash let out the most contended of sighs and said “thank you for bringing us on this holiday”.

Character meet: Evil queen. I wish there were more villains without attending events.

Mr Incredible -

Restaurant: CRT. Although he said he’s done with character dining and he thinks the food could be better.

Ride: Everest (mainly cos He loves that Violet loved it)

Character meet: “Jasmine was pretty tasty”

Experience: the whole thing!

Lows:

Dash-

Restaurant: No lows

Ride: Tower Of Terror

Violet-

Restaurant: Sanaa. She enjoyed her curry, but it was tiny and then we got sick from eating Dash’s burger from there.

Ride: Tower of Terror

(Not) Elastigirl)

Restaurant: Be Our Guest. The food was not good and it’s noisy. I’m glad I saw it, but I expected more.

Ride: whilst ToT was unpleasant, space ranger spin was a disappointment after going on toy story mania.

Mr Incredible

Restaurant: Sana’a was his biggest disappointment as the food wasn’t as tasty as he expected. This was the one restaurant he’d partially suggested.

Ride: No ride lows, but he apparently hated the Nemo show.

Our Dining experiences

Backlot express
typical fast food. Good to mobile order and stop off for a beer.

Be Our Guest
I’m glad we went here. It’s nice to see the theming, especially with a QS. However, the food was a bit rubbish. I’m not in a hurry to return.

Cinderella’s Royal Table This was the best food we had on the holiday. It’s still not fine dining in my eyes, but comparatively good. It was worth 2 xTS credits for this and the theming.

Crystal Palace
A great place to start. The breakfast was good, as were the characters.

Garden Grill
it was good. If I came back it would only be to try the breakfast.

Harambe Market
A bit unfair to judge, as I only had the corn dog. It wasn’t the best though.
Hoop Dee doo Good old comfort food (although the ribs were a bit sweet for me. We all enjoyed it here and would definitely recommend. Worth 2 x TS.

House Of Blues Gospel Brunch The food was cold (as was the venue). The show made it worth coming, though it was too short!

Katsura grill-
A great QS option. Could have rated of a bit more, but makes a change from fries and stuff.
Mara it’s a canteen. It was convenient and the burgers were quite good.

Mr Kamals
The best use of our snack credits. Dash loved the Hummus, seasoned fries and chicken dumplings were also good.
Pirate pals dessert party fun for kids, but terrible dessert options, so don’t go in hungry.

Sana’a
This is a nice setting and has good food options. However, once again lacking in taste and 2 of us were ill afterwards. It’s not so good that I’d recommend travelling from another resort to try. Dessert was delicious though and Breakfast here was a great in resort QS option.

Sci-fi diner

the food was actually tasty here (apart from the cheesecake which was the work of the devil), but the atmosphere was a bit weird. Glad I tried it, but don’t need to come back.

Storybook dining
it’s a really nice setting here and the character meet was great. The food is beautifully presented, but it is a bit style over substance and lacked flavour with the exception of the cauliflower soup appetiser which was yummy and desserts. Great 1TS value though.

T-Rex
we only tried the sampler, but it was really good. The kids liked the setting.

Tuskers
This was a great character dining option (especially if you use ddp & get ROL option). The food was good too, for a buffet.

Wendy’s
Expensive for service station fast food, but actually really good.

Woody’s lunch box
definitely mobile order. I can heartily recommend the breakfast bowl and grown up lemonade. It’s quirky but crowded here.

Yak & yeti local
that little box of fried rice really is a big deal.

We had half planned to try several other QS options, but didn’t get chance for Caseys corner, Blaze, polite pig or poutine.

DDP did work for us this time as we wanted to do lots of character meets without queuing. We made good use of this, but still didn’t manage to make the best use of the QS and snack credits as we are not big snackers. Also we didn’t have much time for stopping off for breaks or to go to Disney Springs as we were on a relatively short stay. It would have been much more useful on a longer trip. Our schedule was so packed and we just weren’t hungry enough. The tipping soon mounted up and we found that weirdly, the service was infinitely better in the restaurants where tips were included (esp Hoop De Doo). We left extra tips in these places and started to leave less that 18% in the buffet ones (over $40 for them to bring us one drink each is crazy!)

Yak & yeti and Akershus would be on the list of TS we’d like to try next time, but to be honest- I think we’d be fine with QS, especially as the kids will be bigger and we won’t be meeting so many characters.

Apart from Mr I, all of us said that Beauty & the Beast was our favourite show. Mr I said he liked the parrot show in Animal Kingdom (he would have really liked UP!, but he was with poor Violet on that day).

Future plans:
Our plans for summer this year were in Asia, but we may change them depending on how this corona virus thing pans out. I toyed with the idea of returning to WDW, Disneyland California or a Disney cruise- but Mr I thinks its too soon. Our idea was to return to Florida when Dash is a little older (and tall enough for more rides) and include Universal, Kennedy space centre. We’d go for a longer stretch, but would definitely stay on site for the Disney part, because those fastpasses really make a difference! Would probably go at a different time of year to facilitate a longer stay, but otherwise feb was a good time to go. Weather was generally good and the crowds were only bad over the bank holiday weekend.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a good summary, great trip ! Am a bit disappointed with your review of Sana’a as we have that ADR in August, and was really looking forward to it, but will give it a try.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

All in all sounds like a lovely time was had, I agree with the Sanna comments we’ve never understood what the fuss is all about.
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

To be fair breakfast and dessert were tasty at Sana’a and I’m sure we just got unlucky with being ill after eating the burger from there. Mr Incredible is a bit of a foodie and I think he went in with really high expectations. It was a welcome change of menu- he’s just hard to please!
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List