Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
You can no longer use an adult credit to pay for a childs meal.

Infact a few members have tested it out and have been refused so they had to pay oop. Theres a recent trip report where this happens numerous times.
Yes, I read that report. Previously, there has been confusion at the tills when there have been other types of changes. I remember when the change came in that allowed you to swap your QS credits for three snack credits, it was hit and miss. Some cast members said yes, others said no. Wasn’t sure if it was the same sort of issue.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I suspect this is to do with some sort of upgrade to their system that now differentiates between child and adult credits. I would imagine they are unable to process a child’s meal for an adult credit. That said, a couple of people have reported that some places have managed to change it to an adults version of a child’s meal and use the adult credit to pay.
Thanks - it sounds inconsistent as usual. If it comes to it, we’ll pay as I’m not forcing my DD to eat stuff she doesn’t like, but it doesn’t seem quite fair.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Wow this seems crazy! If the free dp is released for 2021 bookings i was going to upgrade my 2 under10's to adult tickets but dont think i will now!
I rang Disney and they said that if I upgrade my daughter’s ticket to an adult’s she’ll be able to choose from either the adult or the kids meal but the adult credit will be taken! I’m confused if people are saying otherwise
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Wow this seems crazy! If the free dp is released for 2021 bookings i was going to upgrade my 2 under10's to adult tickets but dont think i will now!
Originally Posted by Pjamas View Post
I nearly rang Disney and upgraded my DS - I’m so glad I didn’t do this as although it would be nice for him to access the full menus he uses the kids menus mostly and not being able to order off the kids menus would have been disastrous.

I really hope Disney change this.
I hope common sense prevails and Disney change this. It’s annoying that as my DD is 11, we’re stuck with the adult menu - madness.
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
I rang Disney and they said that if I upgrade my daughter’s ticket to an adult’s she’ll be able to choose from either the adult or the kids meal but the adult credit will be taken! I’m confused if people are saying otherwise
That sounds promising, does sound as though it might be teething issues at the tills. I hope it settles down soon. Thanks for the update
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I don't have children so have never tried this - but surely, if I as an adult want to order a child's meal, I can do (paying with an adult credit)? Presumably it will still be possible to do this?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I don't have children so have never tried this - but surely, if I as an adult want to order a child's meal, I can do (paying with an adult credit)? Presumably it will still be possible to do this?
No this seems to be the problem. They now won't let you use an adult credit for a child's meal. Crazy.
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m wondering what about older children (11/12) or people with specific needs that may need to order off the kids menus - I wonder if Disney can come up with some sort of exception so people over 10 can access the kids menu? This is such an absolute and unhelpful way of working the whole thing is very undisney. It feels like someone badly trained without a clue has set this up before it was ready
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pjamas View Post
I’m wondering what about older children (11/12) or people with specific needs that may need to order off the kids menus - I wonder if Disney can come up with some sort of exception so people over 10 can access the kids menu? This is such an absolute and unhelpful way of working the whole thing is very undisney. It feels like someone badly trained without a clue has set this up before it was ready
As much as I love WDW, “badly trained without a clue” is very much Disney! Every time there’s any change to dining plan this happens as CMs don’t really know what to do!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was also told when I upgraded our 9 year old to adult credits that she will be able to order off both child's and adult menu, taking a adult credit off for either, if this isnt the case I will be complaining.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List