Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Post Chemo Dance and must eat snacks?

Wow! Cant believe I almost missed my time to do a SDD: sulley

A year ago I was still in hospital (after being admitted the first week of July) and I didnt leave for 3 months... three trips to surgery, 2 trips to ICU on life support all followed by IV chemo and now long term chemo tablets and medication just to keep me going for as long as they can.

We lost two holidays in the 3 months I spent in hospital and when my last scan was ok I fought tooth and nail to be allowed to fly to florida to revisit my happy place and make some memories.

Ive spent my life avoiding being photographed, but this trip will be different. Everything will be captured. Thanks to having a couple of wigs (as my hair will never regrow on my treatment) I've had to think carefully about how to ride some things but I'm determined to try.

Planning this trip for the last 8 weeks has given me something to focus on.

I have my bloods done every third week and the insurance and VA insisted that my bloods had to remain within the "normal" limits to be able to fly. Today was my last bloods before next week ... all is good and copies have been emailed over and accepted so I'm good to go!

I'm usually packed and super excited by now whereas I've packed nothing and organised nothing other than the bare essentials such as our fastpasses

It's going to be a more difficult trip; nausea and fatigue are my new norm but I'm determined to give it a go.

We fly back in and within 24 hours I've got a scan and blood tests... back to reality with a bump.

My appetite can be really hit and miss so if anyone has any ideas/pics of must try snacks I;d really appreciate that. I'm much more a snacker than ever before
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well I am on my phone so no moving icons, but I have moving feet.

Most definitely a boogie worthy single digit dance. I hope your holiday provides a lovely opportunity to rest recharge your batteries and refill your laughter bank. Look forward to seeing some of those photos.

Afraid when feeling snacky I just eat the fridge so cannot be too specific on preference.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Happy you are getting there Shrek more power to you, snacks low calorie popcorn ie 44 kcal a bag, crisps walkers baked , high cals but kp peanuts.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Amazing and I am delighted to dance with you

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Wowsa !

Ditch the wig and enjoy ! We saw lots of ladies with no wigs and just thought good on them!

Surely is to hot for a wig ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Its posts like this that make me wish we had a love button, not just like
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Wonderful post, I hope you have the most amazing time, you certainly deserve it xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3

Enjoy your trip and try to not think about your ongoing battle - just take things slow, keep hydrated and rest plenty. Get that memory book filled

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Happy single digit day! Sounds like a well deserved trip for you- happy holidays x

Must eat snack: churros, my fave
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Take things at your own pace and have a great trip.

I agree, ditch the wig for the fast rides.

Dole whip and pretzels for snack favourites.

Xx