Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Doesn’t sound like you had much respect to start with. Do you judge everyone in life on their educational qualifications ?
If Harry’s great Uncle remained a Duke when he abdicated and his mother remained a princess when she divorced I don’t see much precedent for renouncing his title though.
I don’t judge by qualifications at all but I don’t think he is qualified for a particularly well paid job. As someone else said I don’t think a working class boy/girl would have been accepted as a RAF pilot with those grades.

Meghan could have a better chance of financially supporting them thanks to the education he father paid for.

I have always been a fervent Royalist and am quite surprised at how strongly I feel about this couple. They either want to be private individuals or they don’t but they seem to want to pick out the best of being royal and private.

Diana did not remain a Princess after her divorce. She became Diana, Princess of Wales. She was no longer Princess Diana as her HRH was removed.

Edited at 08:55 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I wonder what kind of job Mr Harry Wales would get with his 2 A Levels at grades B and D. I don’t think it would quite pay enough for the lifestyle they are accustomed to. He has no option but to trade on his title. I would have had more respect for their decision if they had renounced their titles also.
Batman...

He could be Batman.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Harry seems to have done alright in the military, but we must remember, he was even put in a highly privileged position to get there. After thousands spent on Eton schooling, (and who remembers the allegation he was told answers) he managed two low level A levels. Fine, he is not an academic. He went into the army where he went to Sandhurst, where he was then promoted up the army and given a helicopter gunner co pilot role. I don’t know enough about it to know if this is an unusual career path for any normal person with these grades. I think he probably had the A levels to get into Sandhurst. Maybe he did his army bit entirely on merit for all we know.
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I think she stood a very good chance. Everyone embraced they wedding, I feel they’ve (or she) brought a lot of this on themselves.
I agree that she, and they as a couple, had every chance. Everyone was happy to see Harry settle and there was huge goodwill shown for their wedding and in their first official engagements.

They squandered that goodwill with their behaviour, particularly hers with her ostentatious spending, diva behaviour, preaching and hypocrisy. And now they are going to cash in on their connections.

I am a royalist but I hope I never hear anything of these two again, unfortunately I suspect I will.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I don’t judge by qualifications at all but I don’t think he is qualified for a particularly well paid job. As someone else said I don’t think a working class boy/girl would have been accepted as a RAF pilot with those grades.

Meghan could have a better chance of financially supporting them thanks to the education he father paid for.

I have always been a fervent Royalist and am quite surprised at how strongly I feel about this couple. They either want to be private individuals or they don’t but they seem to want to pick out the best of being royal and private.

Diana did not remain a Princess after her divorce. She became Diana, Princess of Wales. She was no longer Princess Diana as her HRH was removed.
More than one route in to the Army Air Corps.

Officer entry (now) requires "72 UCAS points", which is pretty alien to me, but a quick google check shows two A-Levels to suffice to that (although, with a D, he may have been a few points short; but I don't know the entry requirements fifteen years or so ago when he signed up).

You don't need a degree to be an Officer in the Army.

Second way in is from the ranks - Lance Corporals and above can apply for pilot training.

Royal Air Force entry is different if you want to fly (it was the reason I went to Uni... and a dodgy left eye the reason my University Air Squadron stint was very short lived!)... plenty of working-class lads/lasses fly, and good on 'em.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Walking home in the rain versus serving in Afghanistan kind of sums it up for me. We really are becoming a nation of snowflakes
It's all go easy to "forget" what Harry has done. Not just serve his country but also the Invictus games.
It suits most people as otherwise they cannot justify their attacks on him!
He never made a fuss, just got on with it.

How many of us run our decisions past our parents, let alone grandparents?

They both have their own money.
They are fed up with the (I feel) continuous criticism of their lives.

Wills and Kate can do no wrong
Harry and Meghan can do no right.

I think they'll have far less intrusion in Canada.
To me they seem like a young couple completely besotted with each other who are desperate to bring up their baby without media attention.
Good luck to them.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
It's all go easy to "forget" what Harry has done. Not just serve his country but also the Invictus games.
It suits most people as otherwise they cannot justify their attacks on him!
He never made a fuss, just got on with it.

How many of us run our decisions past our parents, let alone grandparents?

They both have their own money.
They are fed up with the (I feel) continuous criticism of their lives.

Wills and Kate can do no wrong
Harry and Meghan can do no right.

I think they'll have far less intrusion in Canada.
To me they seem like a young couple completely besotted with each other who are desperate to bring up their baby without media attention.
Good luck to them.
yes, and he thought it a good idea to go to a fancy dress party as a Nazi, and was photographed naked at a party - if we are not forgetting what he's done let's include the "playboy prince" stuff too...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I said yesterday that I wont be sorry to see them go but this is becoming more and more like the Duke of Windsor and his War years having to be spent in The Bahamas.

Basically an embarrassment to the establishment and an over demanding individual having unrealistic expectations about her position in the 'family' coupled with a Husband who is in total awe of her.

I am waiting for the latest book ''Harry and Mrs Simpson''.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
yes, and he thought it a good idea to go to a fancy dress party as a Nazi, and was photographed naked at a party - if we are not forgetting what he's done let's include the "playboy prince" stuff too...
I’d think most of us did stupid things before we grew up and had kids. The difference was it wasn’t splattered all over the tabloids in most cases. Thank God we aren’t in the public eye that we aren’t reminded of the daft things we did daily by those who never made a mistake themselves
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
I think Harry will be his happiest if he can just go away and get on with his life.
I don't think the press are hounding them but I can understand after his mum's death he doesn't want the intrusion or his wife who he loves villified.
Live and let live 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread