Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Feb 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Buses, Bars and Bargains. January 2020. Day 7, Man Vs food and coasters. Seaworld all day dine.

Index

Friday 17th

So I had been looking at one day Seaworld tickets and waiting for an Expedia deal. When they had 20% off plus free all day dine I booked. The only downside was that you had to pick a certain day but luckily the weather was just as good. With the all day dine you can eat every hour, a challenge we were up for.
We both woke a little later today, about 7.30. We skipped breakfast as the plan was to go Seafire Grill, the only restaurant in Seaworld open for breakfast.
We took the trolley at 9 and arrived at Seaworld at 9.30. It was a 10am opening and we were let through bag check and held back at the entrance.
We wanted to see where to get our wristbands and ask about the all day drink as well so joined the queue at guest services. Only one cashier was open and they had a person who had to have see a manager. Other cashiers came and opened a little later, one woman was really taking her time and must have opened dead on her start time.
The queue moved quickly then and we were told to exchange our voucher at the restaurant and we could buy the drinks package there as well. So a waste of time queuing really.
The main queue had progressed into the park so we joined them.

We were held back here until 10 and then everyone was let in, most people were heading to the rides, we were headed to Seafire Grill.
Now, I find Seaworld really confusing to get around so it took about 20 minutes to get to where we wanted.
We exchanged the voucher and brought the drinks package. A beer or wine every hour for $14.99 each. We had 2 different wristbands.
It was mainly sweet products and fruit on offer for breakfast. The all day dine is any main, a side or sweet and soft drink.

I did ask for a wine, but I don’t think the cashier heard, I later discovered they don’t serve wine in here but i would have got a beer if I known that. I was dithering and a queue had started to form so I just took the drinks without questioning it.
Anyway, Matt didn’t like the croissant and I ended up eating most of his muffin.
When we left you could get wraps which would have been better for Matt.
I told Matt I was going to be brave today but seeing how slow and high the rides were I changed my mind. We agreed to meet at 12 when the other restaurants opened.
He went and rode Manta, Kraken and Mako and I tried to get my bearings and have a look about.
I saw the sea lion enclosure

I then went into the aquarium and shark tunnel.
I bumped into Matt on the way out, he rode everything twice as a single rider. He said I wouldn’t like them.
We walked to Voyagers smokehouse. It was packed but the queue moved quickly.
I went for ribs and Matt chicken. Sides were the potato slices and we both got a soft drink plus a beer and wine. They scan your bracelets at the till, this should have came to around $70.

It was so good especially for park food.

We went to ride the sky tower but it was closed so Matt went off again until it was time for the Clyde and Seymour show. I just relaxed in the sun and enjoyed a wine.
At 1pm, we had another drink (didn’t feel like food) and went to the show.

It was nice to have a beer while watching this.

Didn’t take anymore photos as I wanted to concentrate on the show.
It was very funny and the volunteer was a good sport.
We then went to ride Empire of the Penguin which was showing a 20 minute wait. It was about this, we chose the wild ride and both enjoyed it but wouldn’t wait too much longer than we did.
We both loved seeing the penguins though.

It was freezing in there.
We went into Spice Mill but it was packed so walked to Waterside Cafe.
It was also busy in here but we didn't want to walk back. We were behind that family with 5 refillable drinks and a child running everywhere but it didn't really take too long.
I had a salad and Matt had the beef. I had cookies instead of a side. We then had queue separately for the alcohol which took ages.

After this spilt up for the final time, Matt was loving the coasters and I wanted to see Wild Arctic.
We agreed to meet at the Island hot dogs at 3.30 as Matt fancied one.
I went the wrong way and ended up walking around in a circle so I didn’t have time to ride so I walked through instead.

Time was getting on so I power walked to meet Matt which was near the entrance, not very good planning but we got there just before it closed at 4.
This meant they had run out of cheese and bacon bits so we both had chilli. Matt didn’t like any of the beer so he had a soft drink.
It was ok, I wouldn't rush back though.
We wanted to ride Infinity Falls, Matt got a beer on the way there.
All day it was a walk on but now it was posting 40 minutes.
We were both flagging now and didn’t want to wait that long so we decided to call it a day and have one last meal before leaving.
The only place that was still open was Seafire Grill.
We both got beers and chicken dishes.

I had cheesecake instead of a side.

So as Matt had a beer later than me, the cashier took it off him as it was 10 minutes before the hour. Now I could understand if it was halfway through the day but this would be our last drink and he could have gone back up. I gave him mine and as we left his beer was still on the cashiers desk, maybe she thought we would go back for it.
We left stuffed.

Matt loved his day as he rode the 3 coasters numerous times.
I thought it was ok, I hated I didn’t know where I was half the time and it’s hard to fit everything in. We didn’t really plan very well either.
The trolley stop isn’t far from the exit, other people were waiting including a lady in a scooter. A trolley was there so we asked if we needed north or south and he said south. I looked at the map but we needed north, the couple with the scooter were going to Surfside so I think the driver told a fib as when the next trolley came it was a right faff to get the scooter on. Then as soon as she was on she walked up and down the trolley.
Luckily our stop was before so we didn’t have to wait for her to get off.
We did plan on popping to the outlets and Bahama breeze for a drink. We half heartily changed and in the hall just outside the room I asked Matt if he actually wanted to go and he said no, and neither did I. I got a refillable drink and watched Puss in Boots.
Matt had also hurt his foot the previous day so all that walking had not helped. It was nice just to relax and rest up after a full day.

Edited at 04:26 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy but good day not surprised you were tired

Joan
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A busy but good day not surprised you were tired

Joan
We walked 10 miles just wondering around Seaworld.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

You got your money’s worth with the food! I hate places that are hard to navigate! Sometimes you think they want to to get lost

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
You got your money’s worth with the food! I hate places that are hard to navigate! Sometimes you think they want to to get lost
Yes, we did make the most of the all day dine.
I just seemed to be going round in circles there.