Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Facial peach fuzz

Chatting to the mums at school today and I seriously must live under a rock! They was all saying how they have their peach fuzz removed along with dead skin cells, allowing smoother make up application.
This is near the ear, upper lip & chin.
Am I wrong in thinking this will make things worse in the long run? Will they not end up with a stubble? Will hair come back thicker and darker? Or is that an old wives tale?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Chatting to the mums at school today and I seriously must live under a rock! They was all saying how they have their peach fuzz removed along with dead skin cells, allowing smoother make up application.
This is near the ear, upper lip & chin.
Am I wrong in thinking this will make things worse in the long run? Will they not end up with a stubble? Will hair come back thicker and darker? Or is that an old wives tale?
I have no idea but i believe it’s there for a reason!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkissarah
Getting Excited

Mobile

It's called dermaplaning. I'm a personal assistant and one of the businesses I help my boss manage is a group of beauty salons. It doesn't make the hair grow back thicker and can help with breakouts as it removes dead skin cells and leaves your skin really smooth. It seems to be getting more and more popular.
tinkissarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkissarah View Post
It's called dermaplaning. I'm a personal assistant and one of the businesses I help my boss manage is a group of beauty salons. It doesn't make the hair grow back thicker and can help with breakouts as it removes dead skin cells and leaves your skin really smooth. It seems to be getting more and more popular.
Yes that’s it. Some of them are now saying you can but a similar product and do it at home.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I have my face dermaplaned, it feels lovely and smooth afterwards but I find I also get very dry skin a couple of days later so I have to use lots of creams and oils. It’s worth it to see what comes off!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkissarah
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Yes that’s it. Some of them are now saying you can but a similar product and do it at home.
I got a Wilkinson Sword facial/eyebrow razor in a Glossybox once which got rid of peach fuzz ok. Wouldn't be as good as having it done in a salon but it worked.
tinkissarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t get it done to get rid of the fuzz, I like getting rid of the dead skin mostly.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkissarah View Post
I got a Wilkinson Sword facial/eyebrow razor in a Glossybox once which got rid of peach fuzz ok. Wouldn't be as good as having it done in a salon but it worked.
I am 99% sure this is what they was raving about as it would save a fortune if it worked.
I worry it would just be like shaving your face and then you would end up with a stubble or thicker, darker hair?
Or does the peach fuzz just grow back?
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Now and again I get mine threaded along with my eyebrows.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had it done once and will have it done again when I have spare cash. My friend swears by it and says your make up goes on better - I didn’t think so but I liked the idea of getting rid of the dead skin cells and also I had a chemical peel and face mask after and it was lovely.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List