Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jun 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Will depend on 1. How quickly vaccine is rolled out (which is increasingly looking quick) and 2. How the economy is.

If the economy bounces back with a boom, and a vaccine, there will be huge pent up demand for WDW holidays. They may not offer free dining then.

If no vaccine, they won’t, as they won’t have capacity.

If vaccine and economy is suffering and no boom, they will.

Problem is when will it go on sale? The probably won’t know until the back end of the year at best.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Yes it was on the official website briefly before being removed that all dining plans booked up to September 2021 were being cancelled. Could still be a grain of truth in it though, hopefully find out sooner rather than later!
I read something, I'm sure on DIBB but I've been on so many threads and websites with all this I could be wrong, saying that although you could ass the DDP to your booking and pay for it at the moment it would not be honoured and removed at a later date.

That may not be accurate but I'm sure it was a comment from someone who had tried to add the DDP with Disney yesterday morning.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Well I booked last week for Sept 21 and as many have said, was able to add QSDP to my booking on the website, and now I have received my confirmation invoice it is definitely still there and part of the total. I don't mind if they decide to remove it particularly, as since it is a confirmed element they would simply reduce the balance by that amount anyway. I have booked it as more of a convenience thing for me as a solo traveller.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Well I booked last week for Sept 21 and as many have said, was able to add QSDP to my booking on the website, and now I have received my confirmation invoice it is definitely still there and part of the total. I don't mind if they decide to remove it particularly, as since it is a confirmed element they would simply reduce the balance by that amount anyway. I have booked it as more of a convenience thing for me as a solo traveller.
I'm a solo traveller too and don't find it convenient. I'm happy to have it if it's free but I wouldn't pay for it as paying out of pocket works out cheaper for me.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymad04
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Was aiming for 2021, but I will now just book when the free DDP is back. If that means 2022, so be it.
i completely agree. We're doing the same. Just not sure next year is too soon for everything to be back to normal.
Disneymad04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymad04
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What will you do if it doesn't come back? Will you stop going?
If FDP doesn't return it wouldn't stop me going at all, its home. However, I have done lots of number crunching and the Disney Dining Plan still works out for us cheaper than paying as we go. This does depend on your family and where you want to eat of course.

It takes a while but is worth going through menus and adding up what you would spend in the restaurants, dinner shows, etc. if you were just paying as you go. We are a family of 4 with teenagers so we estimate 2 snacks each per day comes out at $45 each, plus the restaurants etc. is cheaper for us. Do the numbers its worth it.
Disneymad04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List