Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

I called them earlier in the week - they refunded no quibble - has come through to card no and we have rebooked with VA direct from Manchester so better really logistics wise. We had booked their premium chairs and am disappointed not to be trying them but hopefully they will get through and we can try again
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Got in touch with them last night over live chat. They issued a full refund, no questions asked. My brother then did the same and was issued a full refund without any hassle. When my parents got through on live chat the operator was an absolute nightmare. Refused refund request, we went round and round the houses for ages. All I can say is persevere. After quoting another operator who we were still chatting with, the one dealing with my parents finally relented and granted the refund. We’re rebooked with BA for our dates.
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stov
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I've now tried 5 times, once on phone and 3 live chats, had 3 saying wait for the text confirming change, even though its shown on my booking when going online, and one saying put a claim in for compensation, have also emailed.
I do feel sorry for their predicament, however as a paying customer I have been offered a much lesser standard of plane to the dreamliner, as I have said to them, I've paid for a 5 star hotel and they're now offering me a 2 star!
stov is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stov View Post
I've now tried 5 times, once on phone and 3 live chats, had 3 saying wait for the text confirming change, even though its shown on my booking when going online, and one saying put a claim in for compensation, have also emailed.
I do feel sorry for their predicament, however as a paying customer I have been offered a much lesser standard of plane to the dreamliner, as I have said to them, I've paid for a 5 star hotel and they're now offering me a 2 star!
You have been offered a plane with seatback IFE quite similar layout, and most importantly working engines, looking at The Points Guys video posted earlier I’d happily fly on it. You paid for seats on a plane to take you to Orlando. You have it.
You may have an airframe that’s a bit older than the Dreamliner but it is just as safe.

I’m sorry you have an issue and hope you get it sorted, but as a regular business traveller I used to fly all over the world and most of the time I didn’t even know which type of metal I was flying on.

Only once did I have an eye opener , taking an internal flight to the oilfields in Algeria, I was on a DC3 and in the back area were a few stinky passengers, four goats and a dozen or so chickens. By the end of the flight you had to raise your feet as the “fluids”. from these animals swilled forwards on descent.
Now that’s something to complain about.Turns out it was the locat crews food as they didn’t have freezers on their camp, so fresh meat was the order of the day
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Agreed, if you look at the video/article I posted earlier which is the HiFly plane for the LGW-MCO route I don't see any reason to change. Especially if you'll be paying extra or going indirect/diff airport

Article; thepointsguy/news/norweg...ing-this-week/ (scroll to the bottom)

Video hifly.aero//public/uploa...TE-F.1.mp4?_=1
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Agreed, if you look at the video/article I posted earlier which is the HiFly plane for the LGW-MCO route I don't see any reason to change. Especially if you'll be paying extra or going indirect/diff airport

Article; thepointsguy/news/norweg...ing-this-week/ (scroll to the bottom)

Video hifly.aero//public/uploa...TE-F.1.mp4?_=1
Wow, watching that video I'd be happy if I got offered the full recline seats in premium!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 12:20 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah, on the HiFly the premium is closer to business. After seeing the vid I called about an upgrade to premium but at £400 extra for the 4 of us I gave it a miss.

The HiFly from LGW-MCO has seat back IFE and I like the 2 4 2 seating over 3 4 3 as it's easier for our family of 4 to sit in a row or as a cluster. For the price of Norwegian over other airlines for direct flights I have no concern over this plane.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbelle
Excited about Disney

I’ve just finished a live chat with Anthony at Norwegian and he couldn’t have been more helpful. Only one leg of our journey is affected but he offered a free change or a full refund. We’ve change our booking to travel
on the same day but into Tampa instead of Miami. That flight is still showing as being operated by Norwegian and he said the schedule shouldn’t change again, although he couldn't guarantee that 100%. I’ve been checking flight prices and can’t find anything even close to what we’ve paid so cancelling would have been a waste. I’m still nervous about them going under but we’ll have to cross that bridge if we come to it. Hopefully it won’t come to that and everything will be ok.

October 2010 - 14 nights POFQ
October 2012 - 14 nights OKW/2 nights RPR
July 2017 - 8 nights POR/4 nights Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/4 nights RPR
October 2019 - 16 nights CSR

Edited at 03:19 PM.
kellsbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbelle View Post
I’ve just checked our booking and our outward joining into Miami in October is operated by Privilege Style but coming home from MCO in November it’s still operated by Norwegian.

I’m in two minds about what to do about this. It’s only one way for us so not the end of the world (although with 2 teens and no IFE for 9 hours I might feel differently at the end of the flight! ) but I do have concerns about them going under. As much as I feel for Norwegian as this is out of their hands, and I know by cancelling I’m just adding to the probability of them going under, it would give me some piece of mind.

I’m not even sure if they would refund us as it only affects one leg of our journey and it sounds like they’re holding back a bit on refunds now anyway, but I think I’ll take a look at alternative flights just in case.
I'd do the extra driving and change the Miami flight . We flew it yesterday IFE was either not working or very limited but worse they banned all electronic devices so no watching your own downloaded content on phones or tablets and no kindles. The Privelidge Style flight itself was fine but for me no electronics was completely unacceptable.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'd do the extra driving and change the Miami flight . We flew it yesterday IFE was either not working or very limited but worse they banned all electronic devices so no watching your own downloaded content on phones or tablets and no kindles. The Privelidge Style flight itself was fine but for me no electronics was completely unacceptable.
Hi duchy, that's the first time I've heard of an airline banning all devices... did they give any clue why they banned all device use?