Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I honestly can’t see how the lack of IFE is causing so much refunds and changing flights, paying more etc. I’d rather spend the money on my holiday than sitting in another carriers metal tube with IFE than another metal tube without IFE.
There’s always the option of taking your own tablet or smartphone with some films of your choice on it, or even partake in a long lost art, pick up a nice book to read!

Each to their own of course.
Totally agree with this... I have my own IFE .. so not bothered about what they do or don't have.. as long as I have food/snacks and drinks... :-)
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

I just find all this business about cancelling flights and getting refunds and then re booking flights with another airline a bit ridiculous! in truth many people booked with Norwegian because they were cheaper, and many will go for the cheapest flight price.. that in itself is fine, but then when Norwegian changes its plane for whatever reason, you complain and cancel the flight and go with another airline... why give yourself the extra headache and stress of then having to get your refund agreed and sorted and then find another flight.. the people i.e. us wanted an airline that provided cheaper flights to the Florida.. along comes Norwegian, and you get your cheap flights.. all these cancellations/refunds sure must have put a huge dent in their pockets..no surprise that they are now making it harder for you to get a refund.. and maybe they won't be able to afford to keep running... hence no more cheap flights to Florida! I don't care who I fly with to Florida or how old the plane is, or if it has decent IFE as long as I get there safely..
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
No they couldn’t. It’s a wet lease so Hi-Fly crew and service not Norwegian, very different to what Virgin have done with the ex Air Berlin planes.
Yes they could... TC wet leased two A330 Airbuses from Airtanker Leasing and they reliveried both planes withThomas Cook on the fuselages, and one with full TC livery, this one the only way you would know from the outside was small Airtanker logo next to door. Both had Airtanker flight deck crew, and a mix of TC and Airtanker cabin crew, although kitted with TC uniforms.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Yes they could... TC wet leased two A330 Airbuses from Airtanker Leasing and they reliveried both planes withThomas Cook on the fuselages, and one with full TC livery, this one the only way you would know from the outside was small Airtanker logo next to door. Both had Airtanker flight deck crew, and a mix of TC and Airtanker cabin crew, although kitted with TC uniforms.
These type of wet leases Norwegian are using are short term so they will not pay to have the plane showing a new livery. TUI have been leasing various aircraft from other operators while the 737 MAX are grounded and not had decals added.

The wet leases you mention will be for the summer season and the Operator will request that the plane show their name

Edited at 09:51 AM.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Norwegian are using HiFly until Oct 31st IIRC. It would make sense to spend the £ on a livery switch. Can't hurt and might help any worried passengers. The £ spent on the livery change can all go against tax. Doesn't concern me personally but looks better from a company point of view.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Norwegian are using HiFly until Oct 31st IIRC. It would make sense to spend the £ on a livery switch. Can't hurt and might help any worried passengers. The £ spent on the livery change can all go against tax. Doesn't concern me personally but looks better from a company point of view.
Re-painting an aircraft is very expensive and not sure it would go against tax! Norwegian haven't re-liveried any they have leased since the emergence of the engine issues on their 787s.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkie11
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

After watching a recent YouTube vlogger's video whereby she flew our exact LGW-MCO route on the same aircraft (9H-SUN) it looked absolutely fine, so I'm reassured. She said the IFE was fine and not too dated. The service was ok and overall nothing major to worry about. The seats and legroom actually looked slightly bigger than I was expecting.
kirkie11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr View Post
These type of wet leases Norwegian are using are short term so they will not pay to have the plane showing a new livery. TUI have been leasing various aircraft from other operators while the 737 MAX are grounded and not had decals added.

The wet leases you mention will be for the summer season and the Operator will request that the plane show their name
Exactly that
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by kirkie11 View Post
After watching a recent YouTube vlogger's video whereby she flew our exact LGW-MCO route on the same aircraft (9H-SUN) it looked absolutely fine, so I'm reassured. She said the IFE was fine and not too dated. The service was ok and overall nothing major to worry about. The seats and legroom actually looked slightly bigger than I was expecting.
Looks good doesn't it? Look at the business class seating/bed though - all for the price of PE basically. We upgraded and now can't wait!
Old 28 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

The staff on my flight home from Orlando Saturday were super amateur. Took them around 1 hour to give all the meals out and looked quite unsure of many things. For example, they locked the toilets for take off, then forgot to unlock them.

We just assumed they were all new to long haul flights. Other than that though, the flight itself was fine
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List