Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 09, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
We had a 5 day hopper ticket and still didn't have enough time to see & do everything
We were there the same time as Sarah, 1st - 8th Sept this year. It was Labor day and also the Marathon was on when we were there.
The hotel & parks were manic that day!
Old 2 Nov 09, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh man, now I'm worried. We are only in Anahiem for 3 days and we are going to have to cram so much in, including Disneyland!
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I have not got round to writing the rest of my trippies, but I was gobsmacked that people actually stake out places at least 5 hours before fantasmic started! I have the photos to prove it! They were taping blankets to the floor.
We didn't get to see Fantasmic
Old 3 Nov 09, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

We were there 7th - 21st sept this year and had a 5 day park hopper, which was sufficient, but there again we love Disney. The parks were surprisingly busy, to that of previous trips taken in september so 5 days actually worked well.
A word of warning, after labor day weekend, Fantasmic is only shown on a friday, saturday & sunday.
San Diego Zoo is a must, you will absolutly love it, you can see our trip report for some tips, under California on a shoestring.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
I have not got round to writing the rest of my trippies, but I was gobsmacked that people actually stake out places at least 5 hours before fantasmic started! I have the photos to prove it! They were taping blankets to the floor.
We didn't get to see Fantasmic
We were gobsmacked too at the amount of people staking out their places for both Fantasmic and the fireworks. We didn't bother watching either of them.
One tip is to make full use of the fast passes. You can use the fast passes any time after the time shown on them. We used to go to Disneyland first and get fast passes for the rides we most wanted to do whilst doing the ones with shorter queues whilst waiting to be able to get our next fast passes. We then used to park hop over to Disneyland California which was normally not as busy as Disneyland park. We would then go back to Disneyland once California was closed and use all our fast passes then as the park and queues were a lot busier in the evening.
Another tip is to make use of single rider queues if you don't mind riding alone. Me and DS did this on California screamin and rode it twice in 15 minutes, the queue was 60 minutes.
Don't forget to have your camera ready when you come off the rides to take a photo of your ride picture.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread