Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Mar 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lisa unless you can use all of those extra credits there is no financial gain in doing it, based on a 2 week holiday:
14x13 = £182 versus 3TS =£105 not a massive difference but that £182 also would be added to the 14 QS meals that you have "lost".

This is purely my perspective but stop & think, I'm sure 28TS meals sounds great, assuming breakfast & dinner everyday, then think of the logistics involved- your holiday is no longer about being at Disney, it's all about eating & food
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
We have used the DeluxeDP on our last two visits and each time Disney Moms Group have told us that we were NOT allowed to share with Guests (although we have with no problems)
I understand that someone posted here last year that in one of the Italian restaurants at Epcot they were not allowed to use their entitlement for their Guest even on the Deluxe Plan.
Has anyone used the normal DDP to purchase meals for Guests?
The Disney Moms Group are well known among Americans for getting a lot of things wrong so I wouldn't take any notice of them!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
We have used the DeluxeDP on our last two visits and each time Disney Moms Group have told us that we were NOT allowed to share with Guests (although we have with no problems)
I understand that someone posted here last year that in one of the Italian restaurants at Epcot they were not allowed to use their entitlement for their Guest even on the Deluxe Plan.
Has anyone used the normal DDP to purchase meals for Guests?
They are surely mistaken. Maybe it was another reason. When the bill is given to you, you just tell them how many credits you want to use. Your server doesn’t know how many people are on your holiday booking and anyway Disney do allow you to do this.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve paid for other people’s food on multiple trips as we always have credits left over on the last day. I pick a family in the same restaurant as us as tell the server we are picking up their tab. I don’t tell the family. I like the feeling of giving someone a nice surprise. I do check they are not on the dining plan first and say I’m not paying for any extras they ordered. I believe in karma 🙂
Old 7 Mar 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We definitely paid for our friends this year at Teppan Edo.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m pretty sure the ability to pay for other people’s meals with your dining plan credits became an official thing at the same time they dropped desserts from QS credits, brought in 2 snacks, redefined snacks and some restaurants allowed a soups, salad or fruit plate instead of a dessert. They all happened at the same time with a redesign of dining plans.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
We definitely paid for our friends this year at Teppan Edo.

Was this on the normal DDP or Deluxe?
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’ve paid for other people’s food on multiple trips as we always have credits left over on the last day. I pick a family in the same restaurant as us as tell the server we are picking up their tab. I don’t tell the family. I like the feeling of giving someone a nice surprise. I do check they are not on the dining plan first and say I’m not paying for any extras they ordered. I believe in karma 🙂

Pass the magic on.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List