Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 09, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi - good information thanks. How long did you stay in Yosemite for please (and was it long enough? Did you visit Union Square in SF (I cant make up my mind between a hotel in that area, or one near where you stayed) Did you drive through Death valley, or stay around that area? And if you went back to Las Vegas, would you stay at the same hotel!?
thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 09, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by getreadyalso View Post
Hi - good information thanks. How long did you stay in Yosemite for please (and was it long enough? Did you visit Union Square in SF (I cant make up my mind between a hotel in that area, or one near where you stayed) Did you drive through Death valley, or stay around that area? And if you went back to Las Vegas, would you stay at the same hotel!?
thanks
Hi there,
We stayed at Yosemite for 2 nights so had 1 full day and a half. It was enough to get a feel for the place, but we could easily have stayed another night (or two!).
Yes we did visit Union Square. I know a lot of people struggle to choose between the two areas, and I think it really comes down to personal preference. We wanted to be near the bay and be able to see the sea from our hotel window and that is exactly what we did. I also think it depends on which places you want to see and where they are located. If we ever go back, I would stay at Fisherman's Wharf area again. Also bear in mind that it is very easy to get around using public transport in San Francisco.
We didn't go to Death Valley (but are planning to do so on our Road Trip Take 2!)
We are planning to go back to Las Vegas and this time we will stay in a more centrally located hotel. However, this is no reflection on the MGM, which is a fantastic hotel. Its purely because we have been to Las Vegas twice and stayed at the MGM both times and we would just like to experience somewhere different next time.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 09, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks again. I have now booked to stay in Fisherman's Wharf as I agree that it will be nice to be near the sea - got a great deal using hotwire / fairfx (to pay in $), and the hotwire hotel list (so I was pretty sure which hotel I would get - still an anxious moment waiting to confirm it is the one you think it is, but saved about $200 on the 3 night booking)
Old 24 Nov 09, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by getreadyalso View Post
Thanks again. I have now booked to stay in Fisherman's Wharf as I agree that it will be nice to be near the sea - got a great deal using hotwire / fairfx (to pay in $), and the hotwire hotel list (so I was pretty sure which hotel I would get - still an anxious moment waiting to confirm it is the one you think it is, but saved about $200 on the 3 night booking)
We too are hoping to get a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf- sounds like you are getting a good deal.
Can you post back when you find out the hotel you actually booked, please?

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lov2dis View Post
We too are hoping to get a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf- sounds like you are getting a good deal.
Can you post back when you find out the hotel you actually booked, please?

I got the Holiday Inn - which is what I had hoped / expected. $270 total for 3 nights compared to the Inn website of $178 +tax per night

You find out the hotel directly after you pay - as mentioned I was 90% certain that it was this one after narrowing it via the other site...
Old 24 Nov 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread