Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Nov 09, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

las vegas

hi all. i love disney but would love to try somewhere else in america im thinking las vegas just me and the girls.do anyone of you dibbers have any ideas where the best place is to stay would like to stay in a hotel on the strip.thankyou for any replies
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 09, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

theres a great feature in the West Coast trip planning regarding all things Las Vegas

Let me know what you decide as we are hoping to visit next year and still can't decide on hotels!
Old 30 Nov 09, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bircham
Trainee Dibber

For Vegas you have to stay in a Strip hotel. Which one comes down to a personal choice for what you are wanting to get out of the hotel regarding potential for decent spa/pool/restaurants etc. For total glamour there is Bellagio and Caesar's Palace, along with the Venetian/Palazzio. I like Mandaley Bay as it has a real laid back South Seas feel (as much as you can get in Vegas anyway) and it has a ovely pool. However, it is right at the southern end of the strip and for first timers to Vegas you really want to be central so that you can walk everywhere. If it was me I would go for Bellagio or Caesar's Palace. I know it seems like a cliche but they are the top dogs on the strip and this is in spite of the new Wynn towers and extensions to the Venetian. There is nothing nicer than walking into the magnificant Bellagio lobby and thinking 'Wow, thi sis where I'm staying!' It is expensive though but I think it is worth it. If there are budget constraints then you can get some great deals at the Venetian (and all their rooms are suites with a nice sunken lounge and a huge marble bathroom) and they have a very adult style pool - not many screaming kids.
To be honest though you can't really go wrong with any of the hotels -remember that you don't go to Vegas and stay in 'your' hotel - you go to Vegas and go into every hotel on the strip - the only thing you can't do outside 'your' hotel is use the pools.
And yes, even a grown man like me can't help crying at the majesty that is the Bellagio fountains display - it is one of the most amazing things you can do in any city in the world. Standing on the strip, Bellagio hotel in the background, music playing from speakers in the trees - Oceans 11 it truly is!

Hope this ramble helps, any questions just ask,

Jon
bircham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 09, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Vegas is ace (for us anyway!). We've been 3 times and even got married there in 2005. Last time we were there was this New Year.

We stay in budget hotels so we have more spending money! We've staying in Circus Circus, The Excalibur and Harrah's. All have been excellent, clean, spacious etc (although Circus Circus is one of the older ones and not very accessible and it was 2001 when we last went).
Old 1 Dec 09, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I'm going in April on my 8th trip.

You will find lots and lots and lots of different opinions as to the best place to stay.

I would suggest you read the 'sticky' regarding Vegas and the numerous posts regarding where to stay.

The trouble is I suspect you'll be even more confused at the end!

It's important before asking about accommodation considering what you want and how much you want to spend as accommodation in Vegas varies between budget prices to top market.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Heather1957 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 09, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been twice with my kids and will be going back in March 2011..

We have stayed in the Excalibur and Flamingo, both really nice hotels.. the Flamingo is central strip but i actually prefer stopping down the South End.

When we stopped at the Excalibur we did far more as we had to walk past other hotels to get to the central strip area.. where as when we were at the Flamingo we only ventured down the South end twice.

Next time we will either go back to the Excalibur (if only for the onsite Krispy Kremes! ) , MGM or New York.

I wouldnt stop at the Stratosphere or Sahara hotels at they are right at the North End and its not the best of areas and nor would i stop in Circus Circus... the indoor theme park is ok.. but the rest isnt very nice (imo).
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 09, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread