Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
I am starting to see some slightly more decent prices coming through now for indirect flights with Delta from lhr to tpa around the 5th > 19th August.

Not really what I wanted so not going to book yet.
Im watching too but don't tell anyone ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Am holding out for the moment. Looking for 06/08 to the 25/08 1 Adult 1 child Gatwick to MCO.
Kicking myself as last week when BA had the price glitch could have got PE Return for both of us for under £2k but my works computer crashed out. Am hoping that once virgin release prices it may get better.
Either way im getting to Disney even if i need to by a canoe and paddle there
Would you consider Tampa? I booked Gatwick to Tampa last night direct return with BA for £600pp. I could have got PE on the way out, economy home for under £800 but PE on the return leg was expensive. We travel about a week before you.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know I might have got a cheaper price if I had waited but our dates are fixed and one of my dc is really anxious at the airport so indirect isn’t an option for us.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessKaty
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
I am starting to see some slightly more decent prices coming through now for indirect flights with Delta from lhr to tpa around the 5th > 19th August.

Not really what I wanted so not going to book yet.
I'm the same dates as you. Cannot believe the prices I've seen in the last 24 hours!

Am I completely unrealistic to hold our for MAN-MCO direct for under £800? I'm thinking I might have more luck with LGW (but would then need to factor in train down, hotel stay etc).
PrincessKaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessKaty View Post
I'm the same dates as you. Cannot believe the prices I've seen in the last 24 hours!

Am I completely unrealistic to hold our for MAN-MCO direct for under £800? I'm thinking I might have more luck with LGW (but would then need to factor in train down, hotel stay etc).

I don't know about whether £800 is realistic or not for me I have decided that if I had to travel to London then might as well go indirect. I have never done indirect but 12 -16 hours compared to a drive to Gatwick (not that there would be enough boot space for our family) We are a family of 5 but the thought of commuting to London car or train with 5 just seems more effort than it's worth. Have you looked at TUI, They fly to Sanford direct which may be easier?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BenjiBearOne View Post
I’m going middle of August next year coming back 1st Sep,wanting to fly direct ideally but looking at flight prices for the weeks prior is pretty awful price wise,cannot believe the hike in price.First time I’ve booked all separate and I’m getting a bit twitchy now.Booked accommation direct with Disney and got the free quick service plus $300 spends included.Am I mad to start thinking of cancelling and booking a package holiday,I’ve seen Hard Rock at Universal roughly for what I was going to be paying out in total for Disney but I do have the quick service and $300 at Disney.Or shall I sweat it out,do you guys think all these flight prices will settle back to something more realistic,my budget for August flights were £600-£800 flying direct from Manchester.Any advice much appreciated Thanks
I’d say wait it out too. I’m waiting for some good BA prices in Oct but am willing to wait until xmas. Something will turn up I’m sure. You got a top notch disney deal...just give it a few weeks at least! 👍🤞👍🤞

Edited at 09:12 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
I’d say wait it out too. I’m waiting for some good BA prices in Oct but am willing to wait until xmas. Something will turn up I’m sure. You got a top notch disney deal...just give it a few weeks at least! 👍🤞👍🤞
I agree with you!
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Would you consider Tampa? I booked Gatwick to Tampa last night direct return with BA for £600pp. I could have got PE on the way out, economy home for under £800 but PE on the return leg was expensive. We travel about a week before you.
What dates was that? I'm not seeing anything close to that
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For those looking at departing from Manchester, booking now for next July/August is crazy. Prices have never been so high.

MAG (Manchester Airport Group) are actively looking for somebody to fill the void that Thomas Cook have left. Prices will come down once the MCO routes are filled
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
For those looking at departing from Manchester, booking now for next July/August is crazy. Prices have never been so high.

MAG (Manchester Airport Group) are actively looking for somebody to fill the void that Thomas Cook have left. Prices will come down once the MCO routes are filled
I know - the flight I was watching increased £900 overnight. Hope things are resolved soon. Of course my thoughts are with those who are directly involved too.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List