Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 May 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caulicheese
New Poster (4)

Recommendations please - 2 bedroom holiday cottage, North of England

I am looking for recommendations for a short mid-week stay at the beginning of September.

Requirements
-Within approx 2-2.5 hour drive of Sunderland - so looking from Scottish Borders down to Peak District. Probably not into Scotland as we'll have already been a couple of times this year.
-2 bedrooms, ideally one room a twin room
-Village/small town location with shop/cafe/pub within easy walking distance
-Meticulously clean and bonus points for not allowing dogs
-Picturesque walks from cottage

Any recommendations very much appreciated.

And in case anyone else is looking for similar I can recommend Wraycroft Cottages in Reeth, although they are fully booked for September.
caulicheese is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whilst you don’t mention North Wales these cottages have everything you have asked for and are just gorgeous.

The village is beautiful and has all the amenities plus the best ice cream shop I have been to.

Www.snowdonia-cottages

Enjoy looking

😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
derbyshirecountrycottage...on/kestrel/KES
We've stayed here 3 times and absolutely love it. Dogs allowed in Kestrel but you wouldn't know a dog had ever been in and that one has a twin and a double. There are 3 spotless well equipped cottages. One of the other cottages is no dogs. The owners are lovely. Loads to do and see in that area.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Could look at Skye Cottages website. Used them a couple of times across the U.K. and never had any issues. Can search by location and number of bedrooms so should have something for your criteria
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at Oakerthorpe Holiday Village in the Peak District. It’s not a holiday village at all but a selection of barns and houses that the farmer has converted himself. We’ve stayed in one of the bigger properties but they do 2 bed ones and are beautiful.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Peak District has some lovely cottages. We go every Easter. It really depends what you’re looking for and budget. So much choice. Last time we stayed in Ashford in the water. Beautiful small village with a few pubs and a village shop.
I use a variety of websites

Edited at 09:37 PM. Reason: R
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked a cottage in Snowdonia with Sykes Cottages last summer and was very pleased with it. Easy to book online, loads of cottages available in all areas and for all budgets and the cottage itself was perfect, very clean (and this was a dog friendly cottage as we took our dog. There were plenty of dog free ones too) and of a very high standard. It was a two bedroom cottage and just over £500 for a week at the end of July, so very reasonable for school holiday time
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in a lovely one in Staithes many years ago. I don't have the cottage details anymore but I think the little fishing town may be just what you are looking for.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Scrap that had a brainwave as soon as I pressed post and remembered the name

homeaway/p411939
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caulicheese
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Thank you for all of your recommendations, I will have a look at them all. Snowdonia is a bit far away for this short trip but will bookmark the website for future reference. The Peak District is calling I think.

mskitty Staithes is lovely and very much the sort of setting we’re looking for. We stayed there for a week a few years ago, unfortunately at a difficult time for us as a family so even though we had a nice time I don’t think I really feel like going back.

I’ve just thought of another place we’d recommend Williamscraig Holiday Cottages in Linlithgow (although not in the town so again not quite what we want for this trip). Lovely, clean and well equipped cottages in a nice setting and they have a badger cam set up that you can watch on your tv which was pretty cool.
caulicheese is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List