Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is Black Friday really that good?

I was waiting for flights to Toronto and Munich, BA have a sale and the flights haven’t gone down, can’t see any deals on switch games! Was waiting to get a blue ray Marvel Box set, still the same price. I know it’s tomorrow but has anyone got really good deals this week?
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It's definitely good and not a gimmick that sucks some people in to buying things they don't need or can't afford.

Earlier today I bought a Ferrari 458 for £16.99. They usually sell for £222,494, so it goes to prove how good Black Friday is.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It's definitely good and not a gimmick that sucks some people in to buying things they don't need or can't afford.

Earlier today I bought a Ferrari 458 for £16.99. They usually sell for £222,494, so it goes to prove how good Black Friday is.
Yay that’s the sort of bargain I need, my dh is looking for a car, he smashed ours up and we are driving around in a white van.😬 I wanted flights at least, BA sale where is the sale? 🤷
Old 28 Nov 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Yay that’s the sort of bargain I need, my dh is looking for a car, he smashed ours up and we are driving around in a white van.😬 I wanted flights at least, BA sale where is the sale? 🤷
Boxing Day sale maybe? 🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Haven't really looked this year, last year I found some good deals actually on black friday, all the so called "deals" in the run up to black friday were anything but deals.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d say no! Been tracking Sept flights to New York with Virgin. £33 reduction not very impressed! Gonna hold my nerve for the Christmas sale
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’ve managed to do all my Christmas and birthday shopping for my OH in two hours online last night. Everything that I wanted and saved £95 in total. We also bought an echodot earlier this week and saved £28.

In some eyes they aren’t massive sayings, but we only buy what we need/we’re going to get anyway so it’s worked out for us
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

I just bought 4 prints been eyeing up for a while on weloveprints and saved! £89 got free delivery on a few things as well on wayfair so for me as along as you are buying something you want it is good.

I can see how people get sucked in though and some deals are not really deals!
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Yes, it is good if there’s things you actually want that are then reduced for Black Friday. I completely forgot to wait with one order I put in last week. Today they’re offering 25% off
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I think as long as you only get what you need and now how much those items were before.

I got two switch joy cons and a game from very for £58. The controllers are £65 on their own. Used the new account code and saved £50. Very happy with that.

Plus got lots of other bits and pieces and saved £5-10 each. Mostly Christmas presents that I would be buying anyway.
£30 off an iPad that I wanted anyway.

I think overall I’ve probably saved about £150-200.

As above, I think it’s easy For people to get sucked into buying loads.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List