Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jun 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Silver Lake Resort

Hi All,

Does anyone have any feedback on this resort?

I have found a great deal on Airbnb but to get the deal they want us to sit though a 90min breakfast presentation.

I’m more than happy to spend 90 mins as booking this way has saved me around £400 compared to booking direct.

Any thoughts would be great…

Thanks
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

Hi
We used to own timeshare and swapped one year to silver lakes. I think it was 2009, the units were big condo's and the pool was lovely. the position was also excellent for us.

The problem will be the very hard sell over breakfast.

Having sat it quite a few of those presentations i don't think the £400 is worth it.
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bandofox View Post
The problem will be the very hard sell over breakfast.

Having sat it quite a few of those presentations i don't think the £400 is worth it.
Thanks, I had gone and booked this deal on air bnb but the host hadn’t confirmed within the 24 hour window. So that along with what you have said I’m going to leave it, there are loads of other hotels out there that are not much more expensive
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Thanks, I had gone and booked this deal on air bnb but the host hadn’t confirmed within the 24 hour window. So that along with what you have said I’m going to leave it, there are loads of other hotels out there that are not much more expensive
Yes, I'd look further into the other hotels. I've attended one of these presentations: DD and I received $100 each, and a load of vouchers. The hard sell was very much that, we couldn't wait to get out. We did laugh about it though, but yes, very intense, pushy sales people.

Lots of choice out there, take your time and explore, you'll find something lovely. 😊
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Location is great for the parks, we drove past it all the time on our way into wdw last time we were there. It is also on expedia.com where you may find a deal and avoid the hard sell.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

The resort was excellent for us. As we already owned timeshare I was well used to saying no but they do it over breakfast as it traps you there for longer, giving more time to soften you up.

We sold our timeshare about 8 years ago as with the internet we always found a good deal without the restrictions.
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Doonhamer08
Excited about Disney

Doonhamer08's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Same as above, we used to own timeshare, got rid of it but still get great deals without the problem of the pushy sales thing. Silver Lake is actually our top choice of resort, having stayed at many of them in the WDW area. Great location, lovely pools, units are of a really high standard and very well equipped. Booked again for September (fingers crossed). It will be out 6th stay at silver Lake.
Doonhamer08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Can I ask if anyone has stayed recently and if booking via Expedia do you have to go to the sales pitch? Nothing mentioned on the site….. thanks
Isaacsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 22, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
Can I ask if anyone has stayed recently and if booking via Expedia do you have to go to the sales pitch? Nothing mentioned on the site….. thanks
They may ring you while there and try and get you to attend, but I can't see any possible way they could require you to on an Expedia booking.