Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Istanbul10
New Poster (3)

Should we take deals for 2023?

Looking for others views on potential deals for 2023 through Ocean Florida. I had contacted with rough outline of what looking for so they came back with-

12 people and consists of 3 families.
Villa 6 bed and 4 bath minimum for 14 nights
Two cars
3 nights Hard Rock
Rtn flights Glasgow to Orlando via London with BA

£1761pp (£21132 all in)
park tickets would be on top of that.

Is that a good deal or not? Last time we went I got villa, flights and park tickets for approx £1250pp for 14 people for 15nights but no hardrock or other special hotel treat.

They are saying flights gauranteed even 2 years out. Am tempted and can pay deposit as well. Seems good covid cover but going to double check reviews etc but just wondered if anyone on here has had experience of them?

I usually like to book things myself and put own package together but can't get Hard Rock or Disney deals as good for that wee special treat so that's what's the temptation I think.

Edited at 09:05 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Istanbul10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Ive booked with them for 2023. Im nervous of course, who knows what will be going on, but im thinking positive and know others who have used them and were happy with the service. It was a good price and so took the leap of faith. Only you can see how you feel. I am very always very cautious when it comes to booking anything and spending in general (!) and feel ok with my booking.
Old 17 Jun 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

They say that but is that in the t&cs? It seems awfully expensive to me. Have you looked at how much a 6 bed villa is per week?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

You don’t say specifics like when you’re going, car size, how many rooms at hard rock, so I’ve kinda given the worst case.

3 rooms at hard rock for 3 nights, £2700 max. (Travelrepublic give great deals well in advance, you should get it a lot cheaper)

6 bed villa, say £3000 for a plush one at peak times.

2 x 7 seaters at pre covid issue prices (as all will be ok in 2023) £1500.

So you’re paying over £1100 for indirect flights.

As per usual with these types of bookings, they are preying on those that have to have something booked. It’s crazy.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

You obviously need to know the per person cost for sharing costs, but I think it is an error to try to assess value by looking at it as a per person cost - because other than the flights (and tickets but you haven’t included those) none of this is charged per person. I find it annoying when TAs provide a cost per person as if it is a meaningful thing, they are only trying to make it look better.

For example suppose a hire car was quoted as £1000 for a week, if I am travelling alone I would think that is a lot, if I am travelling with four friends it is a more reasonable £200 per week, but this doesn’t make the car hire better value, it is just distorting my perception of value.

To assess this deal, I would do exactly as Softy has. Start with the total cost, deduct your best estimates of the shared items that you can make a fair guess at (villa, hotel, car) and then see what is left for flights and divide by the number of people. If you also find it is £1100 per person then it indicates the quote is on the high side.

But in all honestly I would not plan a full trip for 2023 when we are only half way through 2021. I would only perhaps think about the villa as you are a big group and might have some specific needs to accommodate.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

I wouldn’t book that far out and at that price for indirect flights. Sorry.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Istanbul10 View Post
Looking for others views on potential deals for 2023 through Ocean Florida. I had contacted with rough outline of what looking for so they came back with-

12 people and consists of 3 families.
Villa 6 bed and 4 bath minimum for 14 nights
Two cars
3 nights Hard Rock
Rtn flights Glasgow to Orlando via London with BA

£1761pp (£21132 all in)
park tickets would be on top of that.

Is that a good deal or not? Last time we went I got villa, flights and park tickets for approx £1250pp for 14 people for 15nights but no hardrock or other special hotel treat.

They are saying flights gauranteed even 2 years out. Am tempted and can pay deposit as well. Seems good covid cover but going to double check reviews etc but just wondered if anyone on here has had experience of them?

I usually like to book things myself and put own package together but can't get Hard Rock or Disney deals as good for that wee special treat so that's what's the temptation I think.
Hi! Welcome to the Dibb.

I would definitely book everything yourself if you can, or at least price up items individually. What dates are you going? How many adults and children?
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Istanbul10
New Poster (3)

Thanks everyone for feedback and views. I’ll do bit more looking and break it down to whole costs approx and compare.

I have looked at villas on here and some other sites so got idea of what that could be but would be end of June and can’t get idea of flights for approx period next year yet. Had look at Hard Rock and it’s three rooms we need so will play around with all this before decide.

Good to know people had good experience of them though.
Istanbul10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

The have no idea what the costs for accommodation and flights will be for 2023, and will have estimated the cost. I would never book and pay a deposit for a package this early. Like others have said, you can search for a 6 bed villa on various sites this far out and choose exactly what will suit your party. Book Hard Rock yourself and flights yourself will work out much cheaper. Research for flights once they are released, have a budget in mind and stick to it. It does take time for the researching but so worth it in the end. Get everyone to book their flights independently too.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List