Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I heard from Virgin on whatsapp. This was their response.

Thank you. I've looked at your booking and you are booked for the 17th August on the Vs5 and returning on the 2nd September on the Vs6. There have been no changes. Once the schedules are on sale with Virgin Atlantic which will be around the 5th October there may be time changes or cancellations and these can take place anytime before travel. If your friends are checking availability we may only have availability left on the different flights. Once the flights seats are on sale in October we will have access to more seats subject to costs and availability.

I don't really have an issue with the time being changed, but I do have an issue with them saying I am booked on to VS5, and there have been no changes, when all my paperwork states I booked the VS117!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I heard from Virgin on whatsapp. This was their response.

Thank you. I've looked at your booking and you are booked for the 17th August on the Vs5 and returning on the 2nd September on the Vs6. There have been no changes. Once the schedules are on sale with Virgin Atlantic which will be around the 5th October there may be time changes or cancellations and these can take place anytime before travel. If your friends are checking availability we may only have availability left on the different flights. Once the flights seats are on sale in October we will have access to more seats subject to costs and availability.

I don't really have an issue with the time being changed, but I do have an issue with them saying I am booked on to VS5, and there have been no changes, when all my paperwork states I booked the VS117!
We were on VS117 but it changed to VS5. I asked them today our options if we are not happy with time and they sent this:

If we (Virgin Holidays) cancel your holiday, you would be entitled to a Travel Voucher (a bit like a credit note) which would allow you to rebook at a later date or you can opt for a full refund.

If YOU cancel the holiday there will be charges as per our terms and conditions, which can be found on our website.

Alternatively you can opt for a Travel Voucher, where we will hold your deposit on the booking for 12 months, this will allow you to rebook at a later date. However if you go with this option your deposit will not be refunded.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Surely if they've made a change like that, you should have a right to cancel without charge?

If the earlier arrival allowed you to make a safer onward journey on the day then they changed by just over 2 hours then you need to factor in rush hour, busier roads and this may mean a drive up is more difficult and makes it a detrimental change which has been caused by virgin...so why should you be penalised?
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Surely if they've made a change like that, you should have a right to cancel without charge?

If the earlier arrival allowed you to make a safer onward journey on the day then they changed by just over 2 hours then you need to factor in rush hour, busier roads and this may mean a drive up is more difficult and makes it a detrimental change which has been caused by virgin...so why should you be penalised?
I have to agree but I need to read their terms properly to see what they actually say about changes by them.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I’m still confused by the responses from Virgin. Am I right that we won’t know until 11 months out when flights go live if we will be on the 10am or 1.15pm flights?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Found it:
Significant change is defined as (amongst other things not relevant here):

A change of outward departure time or overall length of your holiday of twelve or more hours.

So not entitled to cancel for a refund but could take the voucher so that’s an option but I don’t think I need to be that drastic as at the end of the day, they are still very cheap flights abs I don’t think ww will find cheaper in August. I just need to try to amend my first night I think.

Gjgjud - I think that’s right, yes. Wait until the schedules are released at 11 months out. If they have a lot of demand - which very well could’ve picked up by then - then they may put the other flight back on.
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I got another response from them, I asked them why they were saying I had booked the later flight when I very clearly didn’t….this is what I got back:-

I do apologise for the confusion here. Usually when you book outside of 11 months of travel, any changes to the schedules are put into place once the booking is within 11 months of travel which would be September time. From looking into this, the 2 daily flights to Miami have currently be amended down to the 1 daily flight (VS5 departing at 13.15) which is why you were amended to this flight. I believe these changes have only just come into play so I do apologise for any confusion there!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I booked VS117 on the 16th August 2022, after reading this thread I just checked my booking and ours has also been changed to VS5.

Nice of them to let me know

If Id wanted to be on that plane then I would have booked it, think a snotty e mail is heading their way
Old 23 Jun 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Can someone explain about the voucher?

Alternatively you can opt for a Travel Voucher, where we will hold your deposit on the booking for 12 months, this will allow you to rebook at a later date. However if you go with this option your deposit will not be refunded

I’m not planning on cancelling but just like to know my options.

If I’m unhappy with being moved to 1.15pm, I could if I want to take a voucher for the deposit I paid to be used in the next 12 months. Is the voucher like a credit note with VH to be used with them for anything like a hotel or is it for just Virgin flights?

Edited at 09:00 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Can someone explain about the voucher?

Alternatively you can opt for a Travel Voucher, where we will hold your deposit on the booking for 12 months, this will allow you to rebook at a later date. However if you go with this option your deposit will not be refunded

I’m not planning on cancelling but just like to know my options.

If I’m unhappy with being moved to 1.15pm, I could if I want to take a voucher for the deposit I paid to be used in the next 12 months. Is the voucher like a credit note with VH to be used with them for anything like a hotel or is it for just Virgin flights?
I presume you can use the voucher to the equivalent of the sum paid towards anything with VH I.e. hotels, flights etc

Edited at 09:08 AM.