Old 21 Jun 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Viola13 View Post
I know what you mean. I know what we are used to but do fancy a change and it looks fab. Just hope we can go by then as will be gutted if I have to delay it after all this time.
I’m sure you’ll be fine by next April. We had to cancel a big double celebration 2020 holiday and decided at the same time to write off 2021, so similar to you I’d be a wee bit upset if we had to postpone 2022! But, I’m feeling pretty positive for everyone booked for next year 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'm expecting POFQ to be quite a bit more expensive. Did some calcs based on the current rack rates in another thread and won't be surprised if it's £450-500 more for the standard two week holiday.

CSR would be my pick of the moderates even if they were all the same price but especially given the difference, I'd rather spend that on merch or food/experiences.
Oh no, really? I’ll have a look for it. I’ve booked two rooms this year as a surprise for everyone. Think it will be our last family holiday together and wanted to make it easier on us all with more space. That’s a bit more than I had bargained on! Oh well, we’ll see what happens.

I can see why you would think that - I was watching some you tube resort tours yesterday and CSR does have a more deluxe feel to it and the grounds are gorgeous! And especially with no free dining plan, the difference could buy a lot of food - it definitely has a lot of pros!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Viola13
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Yes, I'm hoping it will be ok, we can't carry on like this much longer surely.

I'll keep planning and getting all the tips I can to make it great. Fingers crossed for you if you do want to swap 😊
Viola13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
CSR is a beautiful resort and also my favourite moderate, by quite a way now!

We stayed in Casitas 5 and it was great. 5 minutes walk over the walkway past Three Bridges from the main food court (and Cafe Rix) and the tower looked so stunning lit up on an evening.

Tower rooms are extra, an upgrade if you like, as they’re accessed from corridors like the deluxe resorts. They look beautiful but I wouldn’t pay extra for them, personally.

They are similar in spec to the other rooms in the resort which have all been recently renovated. They are, I believe, a bit bigger though

Praying to be able to return back to our beloved CSR in 2023.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

Thanks Tracey. The more I have looked into it, the more I'm looking forward to going. Hoping we can get in casitas 4 or 5, will have to request it nearer the time if I can find out how to do it. 🙂
Viola13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks Tracey. The more I have looked into it, the more I'm looking forward to going. Hoping we can get in casitas 4 or 5, will have to request it nearer the time if I can find out how to do it. 🙂
It used to be you directly faxed the hotel and made the request 4 to 5 days before arrival. Or you can do it through Touring Plans, but I think you need an account for that 😊
Old 23 Jun 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Phone WDTC (assuming you booked direct) and ask them to add the request to your booking. If you don't get allocated there, you can also ask at check in whether you can be moved.

I phoned the other day to change dates and add a location request, job done in under five minutes.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Brilliant resort - beautiful landscaping and very good rooms. We loved it and we were there when the Tower was being constructed. It is even better now!

Casitas 4 or 5 (we requested 4 and got it) is a great option - first bus stop and located close to the main pool and reception.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Viola13

Thank you all . We have booked with Virgin so not direct. I think I faxed them last time we went to POR in 2019 and got the block we asked for so will do that again.
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you all . We have booked with Virgin so not direct. I think I faxed them last time we went to POR in 2019 and got the block we asked for so will do that again.
Good luck! Hope you get the location you want 😊