Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
This is me too! In fact i've been the same with everything in life and lost the planning / organising / build up enjoyment to every event...really hoping I get this back and I haven't just changed forever! Not bothering with clothes yet (I bought the girls clothes for April 2020 (still in the case and now too small!) and then some more for our rescheduled trip in April 2021 so i'll have to do a last minute mad dash if this trip happens. I remember scrutinising the boot size and googling dimensions and images of the type of car we were going to hire last time Definitely not on that level anymore! well at least at the moment
Yes I thought this earlier actually. I've bought the kids some disney tees and put them in a case so they're sorted - we're going to aim for March/April if October doesn't happen so they'll hopefully get worn regardless. But everything else I've booked and just have an attitude of like well if we go then thats better than being at home whatever it is lol - so the car I don't even know what I've booked and stuff like that. I haven't thought about any of the actual detail of it really which is very odd. It'll be a last minute panic 3 weeks before when our BA balance is due lol
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

All i know about my car is it’s an intermediate SUV - the kind i only ever pick on the day out the line thats available

I also have an AOA villa so dont know WHERE i’m staying just that it’s within 30 mins of disney…

Sometimes i find not knowing these things can make it more exciting (and i’ve always had good villas/cars so far! )

I’m trying not to let myself get too excited though as desperate as i am to go … hoping i’ll wake up one morning to “the big announcement” … i’ve a bottle in the fridge for the day it happens and me and my boyf have agree’d to order some wings and have a “american night” 😍🤞🏻
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smp020
I have Ears

Hi all, I am due to fly out from London on Oct 22nd, insurance bought etc hoping it will all be OK, things like boo bash etc, if it did get moved is that lost? Also looking at the food festival at Swan and dolphin if any one has ever been
smp020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Not sure if I really should be on a November thread (as most of the holiday is November) but we fly (hopefully!) on Friday 29 October. Have booked a package for first time in years, with car, flights, hotels for split stay and park tickets. We usually book flights etc independently.

Booked airport parking but drawn the line at booking anything more like Boo Bash, do wish we had that booked but given the fiasco trying to make insurance claim - over 8 months of wrangling and complaints when Thomas Cook folded for our Florida trip in 2019, and then having to call US direct to unpick Disney California tickets last May due to Covid, I’m a bit hesitant.

Shame really as planning months out is part of the enjoyment for me.
FozzyB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

Should have added we are staying at The Swan and interested in hearing about the food and wine festival there as mentioned by the previous poster.
Old 23 Jun 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I bought another case I keep seeing mentions of a travel announcement tomorrow in other threads - what have I missed? I'm feeling really positive again now! Paying for our disney tickets next week so we can book our park days!

Any recommendations for parking at LHR? We usually always go from LGW and we stay over the night before. But this time the flight doesn't leave til 1.30pm so no point getting a hotel we'll just leave early in the morning
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Over the last few months I've been buying bits and bobs, today I brought the cases down from the attic to sort through all my travel stuff. I'm sure I'm not alone in the deep desire for this to fall into place for us, and everyone else hoping to travel this year.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We are on one of the staycation cruises four weeks before so have that if Sept Oct doesn't happen, but we are staying positive it will.
Flight is a Virgin so we know moving that will or getting a refund will be an ordeal but that doesn't really matter. No car, using ME for the first and last time. Will Uber for some off site stuff and based on car hire prices this year that seems to have been a goo decision for this holiday.
We also have January booked, and will go twice or it will become our back up.
Our biggest issue will be using up our extended DVC points, I have that re-sort to go through in early August when I am "allowed " to call and resort all our points to use the ones they have extended. So if Sept Oct doesn't happen it will be chaos, again.
We have everything crossed mid to late Sept will be go!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FozzyB
Trainee Dibber

We have Disney Paris trip booked for September. Hotel with free cancellation, not booked eurotunnel yet, family who are flying from Leeds have flexible tickets. Not taken the plunge to buy park tickets yet, might go for annual passes but want to see what travel restrictions might be in place.

The Florida trip end of October is an adult trip, not planning on taking little ones to US until mask policy on flights changes - no way will 2 year old twin grandchildren wear a mask for whole flight!

Hoping to take the twins for their first Florida trip next May, possibly need to book that soon as it sounds as if a lot of people plan 2022 trip! Trying to get them out there before they turn three (late May) and before we are restricted by school terms.

I’ve started buying bits and bobs for the Paris trip, travel size toiletries, that sort of thing, then if that trip doesn’t happen then I’ll have some things ready for Florida - whether that be October this year, or May next? I think I’ll do ESTA soon as I’m determined to get back to US holidays at some point in next two years!

Have booked airport parking for October, holiday is packaged so park tickets, car and park reservations sorted. Really hope to hear fastpasses are back soon! Later flight this time from Manchester so no need for overnight stay.

We’ve stayed over at Heathrow several times, but not in the last five years, we tend to go Manchester or Birmingham if we can, so no relevant recommendations to make really. It can be worth looking at hotels with parking included, sometimes that’s a saving on booking separately. We’ve done that a time or two but generally we like to do meet and greet at the terminal if we can.

Trip November 19 was first time we’ve used ME and not hired a car - it was great! Uber was easy. We only did Disney that trip, but next time we fancy exploring further afield so went with free car hire (and expensive insurance! Lol). Stayed on skyliner route in 2019 but next time going for the Swan so we can walk to two parks and Boardwalk.

Few positive news stories today about travel, just hope something moves in the right direction?
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Morning fellow October travellers!

Just curious to get some reaction on yesterday's announcements or should I say potential announcements.

Let's get the obvious one out of the way... "Biden, Borders, Blah blah blah". Nothing new there yet.

But the government do seem to intend to remove the 10 day self isolation in time for late summer, not great news for the August thread but I'm feeling this is actually very promising for October. Essentially give or take a couple of tests, the uncertainty around kids and the borders being "reopened" an Oct trip is now much more feasible looking without that isolation period. I must stress it has not been confirmed but surely things can only get better...

Still in the game for Oct, would love to hear some others views on their Oct trips.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List