Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

Swan instead of Disney offer?

I am currently looking at booking 10nights for august 2022 for 2A 1C(11).

With the current offer Caribbean Beach 5th sleeper is pricing as £3927.

Travel republic have the same nights at the Swan for £1810 (£3157 with tickets added). The website says this includes resort fee. The Dolphin is about the same price but not including resort fee.

Even adding on the gift card etc the Swan still comes out cheaper. Would we be missing out on anything else by booking here as the location especially is making me think that the Swan would be better.

My daughter would like to do CBR as we stayed there in 2019 and loved it. She says she wants there because of the smell but I’ll just buy her a candle!
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

What dates in august are you looking at? I’ve just been on there to look for dolphin for next year but nothing came up. We have dolphin booked for this august, but if not allowed to travel I think I will move to next year and still book swan or dolphin as still cheaper than mods with the dining included. Haven’t stayed in either but as they are close to Epcot & HS won’t have to faff around with buses. Good luck with choosing.
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
We’ve booked Dolphin next Aug for £8K for 4 of us .Beach club was £11K so no brainer . Slightly nervous about the room size but will be perfect fo HS which we plan to do daily

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by nicbev View Post
What dates in august are you looking at? I’ve just been on there to look for dolphin for next year but nothing came up. We have dolphin booked for this august, but if not allowed to travel I think I will move to next year and still book swan or dolphin as still cheaper than mods with the dining included. Haven’t stayed in either but as they are close to Epcot & HS won’t have to faff around with buses. Good luck with choosing.
I’m looking at the 9th-19th August, most sites don’t have those dates up yet but travel republic do and it doesn’t say that prices may change (also only £15 deposit!)
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

I’m also looking at the swan as an alternative to POFQ which we have booked for this Aug but won’t be travelling. POFQ not available yet for 2022 and thinking the swan may be a good alternative. This will be our first family disney holiday, kids ages 8&5 so didn’t want a huge resort.
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MilliesFairy View Post
I’m looking at the 9th-19th August, most sites don’t have those dates up yet but travel republic do and it doesn’t say that prices may change (also only £15 deposit!)
I did find the dates in the end and prices very similar to what I’ve got currently booked for this year for similar dates with hotels.com. Go for it.
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Have a look at Virgin Holidays hotel only. They are offering lots of extras like a lake view room, free parking, $50 food credit for the Swan and Dolphin.
They have 2022 dates available.

Edited at 09:19 PM.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Have a look at Virgin Holidays hotel only. They are offering lots of extras like a lake view room, free parking, $50 food credit for the Swan and Dolphin.
Thanks - I am looking at The Swan for 5th October 2021. Google is showing quite a variation of prices from third-party sites. I hadn't thought of Virgin. I was considering Love Holidays, it's a little cheaper (and cheaper again when you phone them) plus I saw a price guarantee on their website. However the free parking with Virgin might be better. I wonder if the hotel can give free parking easily or whether this is a genuine perk? Also, the $50 dining credit sounds like it doesn't apply if travelling with children?

·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you I’ll have a look now, hadn’t thought of them.
Old 20 May 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We booked the Dolphin with VH for this year. By the time you take into account the resort fee, parking and the upgraded room it was far cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List