Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We haven’t booked it yet but will be going in January. Our last January trip was 2020 as our Jan 2021 trip (booked pre-pandemic) was obviously cancelled.

I was super confident that we will be going but like you, I’m not so sure now. My SIL who works in the NHS says they expect Nov - Feb/March to be the worst months as usual and to travel before we hit it (if possible/allowed).

Having said that, we managed to get to Dubai in December 4 days before tier 4 and the Alpha/Kent variant reared its ugly head and I never would have thought that would be possible so I’m keeping everything crossed and holding on to any positivity I can!
I’m genuinely curious why the NHS would be under pressure during the winter months. Everybody will be fully jabbed and the most vulnerable will have had their booster jabs. In Greater Manchester there are currently 120 people in hospital with the Delta variant. Only 2 of those are fully vaccinated. 93 have had no jab. Compelling data. The vaccine works, so I don’t see an issue with travel in Jan/Feb. Indeed, I am very confident our September trip will go ahead.
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

We also do have a trip booked for February. 6 nights on Miami Beach then a 5 night cruise on the Magic. It will happen folks, keep the faith
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisJoandBen89 View Post
I’m genuinely curious why the NHS would be under pressure during the winter months. Everybody will be fully jabbed and the most vulnerable will have had their booster jabs. In Greater Manchester there are currently 120 people in hospital with the Delta variant. Only 2 of those are fully vaccinated. 93 have had no jab. Compelling data. The vaccine works, so I don’t see an issue with travel in Jan/Feb. Indeed, I am very confident our September trip will go ahead.
Flu season and other respiratory illnesses and not everyone will have had the vaccine.
We have always had issues with busy hospitals in winter, way before covid.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We have always had issues with busy hospitals in winter, way before covid.
I know that, but it’s never stopped international travel before! And because of the vaccine, Covid admissions will be minimal. If I’m reading some of these comments correctly, it would indicate some people think international travel would only be possible in summer months going forward. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but if we’re not travelling by Jan/Feb, there will be no travel/aviation industry left to speak of, and it would be an economic disaster.
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am very positive really that things will be open this year so Jan/Feb 2022 should be all fine.

Let's hope they never close the borders ever again!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We’re 28th Jan to 12th Feb.

I’m beyond even wondering now, what will be will be.
We are travelling the exact same dates 😁🤞
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

my daughter and I have booked for 5th January for 10 nights staying at pop century with the dining credits.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LN89 View Post
We are travelling the exact same dates 😁🤞
Might see you there! I cannot wait.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Candlestick
Excited about Disney

Im booked for 18th Feb 8 nights. I work for the nhs. Still being 100% hopeful more people are being vaccinated all the time boosters will be out by winter. Not sure we can keep stopping and starting forever just for covid.
Candlestick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am keeping totally positive for all you January/February travellers as we are due to finally get out 2020 trip in March 🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List