Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Getting Excited

Travel day ideas :)

Hi everyone,

To spread a bit of excitement, positivity and optimism for everyone’s upcoming trips, I would love to know how you spend/hope to spend your travel day once you arrive.

It’s my first time going to WDW in March 22 and I absolutely love watching people vlog their travel days on YouTube.

We are staying at POP Century and will be arriving into MCO at approx 3pm. All being well and hopefully no delays we are hoping to be checked in the hotel at around 5.30/6pm. Is this realistic or a little optimistic?

Our plan is to see our room and then go for food at Everything POP (yes I have already looked at the menu lol). Then we will visit the gift shop (magic bands! ), have an explore and possibly even go to visit Art of Animation.

Hoping to get our bearings, familiarise ourselves with the busses and skyliner then an early night ready for Magic Kingdom on our first full day!

My boyfriend hopes we will be able to go to Disney Springs on travel day, but I think it will be a bit too much after travelling and would rather take it easy

Please let me know what you get up to on travel day!

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023

Edited at 03:49 PM.
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

If you go to the trip report part of the forum I think most of the reports cover travel days.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

You should be able to do Disney Springs, it’s usually our go to 1st night.
That’s usually our first meal, more often than not at Planet Hollywood. We find it a good way to acclimatise and try and stay up as late as we feel ok to, normally end up crashing out back at the hotel by 10ish…. 😴
Old 12 Jun 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You could take a few Skyliner rides - to familiarise yourselves with the system. I haven’t been to Pop Century but i read a tip (somewhere) that the closest accom is in the 60’s section. Might be worth requesting (as a preference) that area?
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Our flights haven't been released for August 2022 yet (although hotel and park tickets are) but we're hoping to fly on the Tuesday. Once were at MCO we'll check in to the Hyatt Regency hotel in-terminal for the night. Spend the afternoon at their roof top pool, dinner in the terminal and early bed (none of us last very long on travel day - 2 adults, 10 & 5 year old!).

On Wednesday morning we'll make our way to CSR (or POFQ if we are able to change our booking once it reopens) at about 7.30/8am, leave our luggage and head to MK for a few hours. We'll head back to the hotel for check-in and spend the afternoon/evening exploring the resort, enjoying the pool and devouring delicious Disney delicacies.

We can't wait!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Depends on how you feel really. We’ve done Disney Springs after our flight, it’s definitely doable. We even did Epcot once and managed to get a couple of rides in! As another dibber has said, with the tiredness it does help to keep going and stay up until a reasonable bed time to get adjusted with the time zone.

For our upcoming trip our flight lands at 6pm ish and we have a baby in tow so I think it’ll be dinner at the resort and then bed for us 😅
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Like many others, a trip to Disney Springs is a great start. Likelihood is that you want some food but not much so plenty of decent light meal options there, gets you in the Disney mood and most importantly, keeps your body going to help with the jetlag.

I would always suggest using the bus rather than your car where you are likely to be quite tired.

You will most likely still be awake at silly o'clock the first morning so always good to either book an early character breakfast or, if you have a car, drive offsite for an early breakfast at somewhere like Cracker Barrel before the parks open.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When we stay onsite its usually Y&BC so we walk into Epcot for a couple of hours after checking in, have a QS meal, a wander around, and then a first look around the resort - the shop etc before going to bed about 9.30 - 10pm.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

For our last few trips they where onsite so after check in I like to unpack as soon as I can then we all head to the pool to revive after a long travel day. We'd eat in resort as I know I'd be to tired and ratty to cope with Disney Springs.
The next time we go however will be our first time in a villa, so I think it will be drop our cases off, head straight to Walmart for an essentials run. Probably picking up something to eat or takeaway, head back to the villa, unpack, eat and jump in the pool ( not quite sure what order that will be in ). Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We book in, then unpack, put the valuables away get a drink then jump the bus to Magic Kingdom do a ride then get something to eat. Back to room quick shower then bed. I have to say food is not a big issue on arrival day as we always feel a bit yucky. A snack is usually enough.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List