Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Not trying to guilt trip you at all and never said you were selfish or ‘unBritish’. It is, of course, entirely up to you what you want to do. I was just saying that I don’t think the cost is much different to other years (although we will all have different expectations of course) and I am happy to give a little extra to these businesses to aid in their survival, even if they were slightly inflated, as I doubt very much that they are rubbing their hands together laughing that they are rinsing the British public!

Enjoy LA!
I didn’t mean you were but every time I’ve seen someone say they don’t want to holiday here on the dibb it’s always the same thing. I just don’t understand why people can’t see that we all see holidays differently. I don’t for one second blame anyone for paying more than usual if they want to holiday in the U.K. but I just won’t be doing it.
We stayed in Cornwall in 2019 in summer hols for 5 days and it was around £300, same place for this year is £675 for 3 days that can’t just be inflation.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This cottage in Cornwall sleeps 6 available July 16th for one week £1830. Just one example I have found. They are out there, you just have to look but I appreciate we all have different expectations! 😂

sailingbystives/about-sa...oo-rock-house/
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I didn’t mean you were but every time I’ve seen someone say they don’t want to holiday here on the dibb it’s always the same thing. I just don’t understand why people can’t see that we all see holidays differently. I don’t for one second blame anyone for paying more than usual if they want to holiday in the U.K. but I just won’t be doing it.
We stayed in Cornwall in 2019 in summer hols for 5 days and it was around £300, same place for this year is £675 for 3 days that can’t just be inflation.
A little bit inflation and a little bit trying to survive I suspect. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to holiday here. Of course, I’d rather be in Florida, but this is what we’re stuck with for now isn’t it so may as well make the most of it. I just needed to get away from the house where I have been working for 18 months 😩 I didn’t care if it rained or not! 🤣
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we cancelled last month

just doing day trips away during our august annual leave

UK prices and the gamble on the weather just not worth it

fingers crossed we might get to europe oct 1/2 term
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

This cottage in Cornwall sleeps 6 available July 16th for one week £1830. Just one example I have found. They are out there, you just have to look but I appreciate we all have different expectations! 😂

And unavailable for August!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We have a back-up week in Cornwall in August that I only booked last week which was double the price we paid for the same hotel for half term just gone . My in-laws live in Penzance so it’s a no brainer for us to visit them if we can’t get to Florida, we go at least once a year anyway. Just wish I had thought about booking the back-up last year to save a lot of money. I didn’t think we wouldn’t be able to get to the US this summer.

I’ve also just booked a back-up week to Orlando for October half term in case we miss US travel restarting in August but by some stroke of luck it starts up again September / October. If we can go in August we won’t do both but if October becomes a reality we’ll do a week based at Universal and roll our big August trip over to next summer.

Still keeping fingers crossed for August though!
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We're not going. Supposed to be away from 27th July for a month. Not cancelled yet, but haven't got much booked other than flights, and have only paid deposit.

I absolutely need a holiday though! As do the rest of my family. So yes, we will staycation.

We have got a 3 bedroomed house booked in Hastings for the middle 2 weeks of August. Approx £2,200 IIRC. I looked at Devon and Cornwall, but I'm concerned about the crowd levels! And it's a long way to drive. We also might possibly have to come home to Essex the middle week of our holiday.

I think we would all prefer to hop on a plane to Spain etc, but I can't bear the not knowing, so am happy with Hastings and am researching/ booking as necessary. I was supposed to be going to Portugal next weekend, but that's obviously not happening now :-(

We were away in North Norfolk at half term, and spent quite a lot of money eating out, but enjoyed what we did. Happy to stay at home if the weather's good, here's hoping!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yeah because it’s not summer holidays that week in the south.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
If you cancel or get cancelled where else would you re-book for?

We had 4 trips cancelled last year but managed to sneak away to Rhodes at very late notice which was better than I thought it would be, does anyone think anywhere in Europe will be open?
A little while ago when considering our plan b, I thought we would book a European holiday wherever we were allowed eg a Greek island, Majorca etc. However, now that I am getting very close to having to go to my plan b, I just can’t face the uncertainty of booking anywhere outside the Uk. We have the last two weeks of July booked which is only 4 weeks away and yet we still don’t have any realistic ‘green’ options.

I’m thinking of doing one of the British isles cruises. We did a holiday cottage in Yorkshire at Easter, we did center parcs in May half term, and a cruise would be something a bit different. Also considering a London city break. We live on the south Devon coast just over the bridge from Cornwall so a big city break would be more of a change than the seaside
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Yeah because it’s not summer holidays that week in the south.
That’s right, we break up a week later.

I’m still holding out for my august trip, although I am not sure it will happen, but I’m not cancelling as we still really want to go. We won’t holiday in the Uk, we live in south Devon so we can visit Devon and Cornwall on day trips. We will do this if we have to, we did it during half term as our french holiday was cancelled. I really want good weather, but it’s also a cultural thing too. Being on holiday in Europe or USA is so different to what it’s like in the Uk. I want my holiday to be different to what is essentially a normal day trip out. An all inclusive in Rhodes for example, bears no resemblance to any holiday I could have in the Uk.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List