Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jun 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Which universal hotel for 2 adults 3 kids?

With this years trip looking increasingly unlikely- I’m turning my attention to next year. We currently have YC and a villa booked, but want to make it a 3 21 night extravaganza and add 5 nights in at universal.

Not sure which resort to go for- would love the express passes that come with the deluxe hotels, but not sure the single rooms would be a bit of a nightmare with three boys ( 16,12 ,11)
Is it worth sacrificing the express passes for more space, or do We just manage bring as we won’t be in the room all that much I suppose?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Depends when you are going - presumably in the school holidays which means a busy time when the Express will be well worth it

You will be ok with 5 people at one of the Express hotels, as you say it is only there for sleeping in.

Being a bit more cramped in the room but saving hours in queues is a compromise I would make
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Express passes are a must for us as we go at busy times and don’t want to queue.

If it’s only a few nights I’d say the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed five of us a couple of times and have opted for the deluxe rooms at hard rock hotel as they guarantee a sofa bed, rather than a ‘requested’ Murphy bed 👍

I would only ever stay in the three express pass hotels now at universal - I’ve been spoilt by the front of line access and wouldn’t go without it now!

Edited at 08:27 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies- yes I think you are all right. We will be travelling in school hols so the express pass benefits will outweigh the cons of less space!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We do same. Portofino rooms are the largest if the standard rooms. If you have two that are prepared to share top n tail and one in the rollaway then either Hard Rock or RPR rooms are doable for 5. Personally I would go for hard Rock with boys that age as the vibe may appeal. Plus the rooms are a Smudge bigger so that you can leave the rollaway up and still walk around the room, and batheiom/washing facilities better than RPR standard rooms. Leaving the rollaway up in RPR is more if a challenge as it is tighter for space.

Might be worth checking out club rooms. I know lots swear by it with older kids. We just don't spend the time needed in the hotel to benefit.

Have a great trip.

NB we tend to book the villa for the full holiday and leave all our gubbins there.

Then take two separate overnights at hrh or RPR. One night is two full days express passes. 2 separate nights is four days.

Overnight bags only. Works out cheaper overall, and less faff.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
We do same. Portofino rooms are the largest if the standard rooms. If you have two that are prepared to share top n tail and one in the rollaway then either Hard Rock or RPR rooms are doable for 5. Personally I would go for hard Rock with boys that age as the vibe may appeal. Plus the rooms are a Smudge bigger so that you can leave the rollaway up and still walk around the room, and batheiom/washing facilities better than RPR standard rooms. Leaving the rollaway up in RPR is more if a challenge as it is tighter for space.

Might be worth checking out club rooms. I know lots swear by it with older kids. We just don't spend the time needed in the hotel to benefit.

Have a great trip.

NB we tend to book the villa for the full holiday and leave all our gubbins there.

Then take two separate overnights at hrh or RPR. One night is two full days express passes. 2 separate nights is four days.

Overnight bags only. Works out cheaper overall, and less faff.
Yeah, we’ve done HRH once overnight for the express pass- loved it! Was thinking about club level- are the rooms bigger? Also thinking about one of the Jurassic Park suites at RPR as an option.
Endless Summer 2023
Old 18 Jun 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

I think the club room are bigger at the Portofino they are lovely and with 3 boys you’ll get your monies worth

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a look at attraction tickets direct. We’ve booked a deluxe queen bed room for next year which is slightly bigger but not far off the price of the other rooms. Also, the standard view rooms seem to be more expensive than the garden or pool view on there. It’s worth checking it out
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List