Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
While a lower price may be achievable, £1400 return in CW is pretty much the bottom end of BA pricing for MCO. £1500-1600 would still be a very decent price and in normal times £1800-2000 would be commonplace.

BTW, you don’t get a bigger checked baggage allowance in CW in terms of number of bags, both WT+ and CW have an allowance of 2 pieces, but the max weight per piece is 32kg in CW, compared to 23kg in WT+.
I agree with the above pricing expectations. Club world for £1400 is about as good as it gets, I would snap it up. As others have said “value” and “worth” are personal things.

OP, I generally fly BA as I am in their executive club but I flew Virgin Upper for my last trip in September 2019. The lounge for sure is better than a BA lounge, service good on both, food mediocre on both, IFT not great on either, I don’t recall any noticeable difference in the bed. I didn’t really like not being first to disembark on Virgin, to me first disembarkation is one of the perks I feel I should be getting when I pay for upper / business. I am baffled as to why anyone would think Virgin is a better product, much of a muchness I would say.

Edited at 11:22 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I agree with the above pricing expectations. Club world for £1400 is about as good as it gets, I would snap it up. As others have said “value” and “worth” are personal things.

OP, I generally fly BA as I am in their executive club but I flew Virgin Upper for my last trip in September 2019. The lounge for sure is better than a BA lounge, service good on both, food mediocre on both, IFT not great on either, I don’t recall any noticeable difference in the bed. I didn’t really like not being first to disembark on Virgin, to me first disembarkation is one of the perks I feel I should be getting when I pay for upper / business. I am baffled as to why anyone would think Virgin is a better product, much of a muchness I would say.
It’s great to hear a good comparison from someone who has vast experience of both. I think for Virgin, the layout, the cabin and the lounges sway me. I haven’t flown CW - I’ve only seen a lot of online videos and reviews but the older CW seemed quite tired and lacklustre. Though I believe this has improved with the introduction of the a350.

Just on hold with live chat now so let’s what they quote.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Don't forget to factor in the £150pp amendment fee to upgrade (assuming you have already booked WTP).
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Don't forget to factor in the £150pp amendment fee to upgrade (assuming you have already booked WTP).
Great to know.. so for new booking if it’s £431 - with an upgrade price it would be £581 with the amendment fee to be the same price?

Waiting on live chat now so this is useful to remember when they give me a price.

ETA: I’m guessing it would be cheaper to rebook but actually I think my dates are outside the voucher scheme offer. I think the voucher offer is only valid for trips completed before April 30th 2022. My flight outward is April 30th 2022 - I’d have to confirm, just going by what the chatbot was quoting.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Old 19 Jun 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

£1500 is my limit for business class return. So I would probably pay £1400.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked what we’ve paid for August, £1347pp club return.

We originally booked as WTP for £567pp and then took the upgrade offer for club.

That’s pretty much how we always book club, start with wtp and then wait for the upgrade offer.

I watch the app after booking and the initially high upgrade cost usually drops and that’s when I grab club.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Not been successful in getting hold of anyone yet.. tried the live chat off n on all afternoon but they keep having to transfer me to the holiday team and then I get disconnected with ‘no agents available..’ I’ll have to give them a call when I get a minute
Old 19 Jun 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Not been successful in getting hold of anyone yet.. tried the live chat off n on all afternoon but they keep having to transfer me to the holiday team and then I get disconnected with ‘no agents available..’ I’ll have to give them a call when I get a minute
It’s so annoying that holiday bookings can’t be upgraded online like flight only.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Just checked what we’ve paid for August, £1347pp club return.

We originally booked as WTP for £567pp and then took the upgrade offer for club.

That’s pretty much how we always book club, start with wtp and then wait for the upgrade offer.

I watch the app after booking and the initially high upgrade cost usually drops and that’s when I grab club.
Do you book flight only? I have a holiday booked with only a deposit and it won't allow me to check upgrade price
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Do you book flight only? I have a holiday booked with only a deposit and it won't allow me to check upgrade price
Yes we book flight only, holiday bookings don’t allow you to see the upgrade price.