Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Good luck with the trying to conceive. Bear in mind that most airlines won't let you travel after about 26/28 weeks so if you're not successful in the next couple of months maybe calculi when you may need to pause to be able to fly.
Airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks carrying 1 baby and 32 weeks carrying twins and normally ask for a doctors medical certificate from 28 weeks to 32/36 weeks depending on whether it is a multiple pregnancy or single. The certificate usually states no complications and estimated delivery date. All travel must be completed by the 32/36 week deadline. Travel over these dates may be possible but only for very specific reasons.

Any pregnancy that is not straight forward would involve advice from your medical professionals, of course.

It might be worth the OP checking the airlines he is thinking of travelling with to double check their individual rules.

Good luck with your plans - it's the "longest journey" of your life
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks carrying 1 baby and 32 weeks carrying twins and normally ask for a doctors medical certificate from 28 weeks to 32/36 weeks depending on whether it is a multiple pregnancy or single. The certificate usually states no complications and estimated delivery date. All travel must be completed by the 32/36 week deadline. Travel over these dates may be possible but only for very specific reasons.

Any pregnancy that is not straight forward would involve advice from your medical professionals, of course.

It might be worth the OP checking the airlines he is thinking of travelling with to double check their individual rules.

I think the key issue as others have said is flying without complications, there has been an ongoing thread on Flyertalk about a lady who's midwife and doctor would not sign her of to fly as she had a low placenta.

At the time when chikengunya was at its most discussed my daughter (who is a paediatrician) would not have travelled when pregnant to a high mosquito area.

Lots to think about, good luck
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post

I agree that some airlines allow you to travel but from personal experience I was returning from Turkey at 26 weeks and was refused. I had my pregnancy records with me and no fit to fly was needed. All healthy and no complications.

It was the Turkish crew who refused me access, their rules were different apparently. My DH insisted and on finding English crew and managed to get us in the flight. It was a very scary time and we almost missed the flight

This was TUI in 2006.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

As you are so exited about this trip, a pregnancy would surely spoil it for you. Wait till your trip is over then continue to start planning your family.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t want to go to Florida pregnant, particularly if it was my first time or once in al lifetime trip. I would hate to miss out on all the rides and the heat would be unbearable for me. I think I would either have the trip first and then plan for a baby, or if you didn’t want to wait, plan the baby first and then book when you’ve had it. I took a 4 month old before and it was fairly easy and relaxed (having said that it was my second child).

I know pregnancy can take some time for some people so if you are not pregnant closer to the time you wanted to go, I would pause the trying and book a holiday more last minute.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You can't get travel insurance to cover pregnancy as a reason to cancel.

By that I mean if you are looking for a policy that would allow you to cancel if you got pregnant then that doesn't exist (or if it does it would be ruinously expensive). You can't insure against a risk that you can control (otherwise unscrupulous people would get pregnant just to get refunds on holidays for other reasons).

The only effect insurance against pregnancy is contraception, but as you are looking to get pregnant that isn't helpful.

All insurance should cover medical reasons related to pregnancy that would require cancellation or additional costs (like medical treatment etc)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

When airlines talk about upto 28 or
upto 32 weeks with pregnancies what they mean is , 27 weeks and 6 days, 31 weeks and 6 days. Different airlines have slightly different timelines but generally its denied boarding at 36 weeks+ for single pregnancies and 34 weeks+ for multiple births, this would be for the date of a return leg if you booked a return trip.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List