Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Packing Tips

Hi All
As none of us have been for a while I thought it would be a good idea to add any packing tips we may have. My favourite tip I got from the Dibb is to take a small extension lead , therefore using only 1 adapter to charge multiple items. This year I’ve added power banks as an essential item as the need to use our phones is more important than ever. I bought some great Finding Dory ones from Home Bargains for £1.99 each !
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We use packing cubes, keeps everything organised and neat. Depending on the trip we sometimes pack each cube with a days outfit for each of us.

We also use a plug in hub (I think its called that?) to charge all of our tech.

Fold-able water pouches (ours are vapur) saves the need to use throw away plastic bottles.
They can be refilled easily at the parks from the fountains, or from the free iced water.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Most of our chargeable items now have USBs rather than plugs, so we switched out the extension lead for a USB block. We also take at least one power bank.

Packing cubes are good for some things, but I stopped packing everything in them as I found it took up more space. I do like how organised everything is though.

I save up any travel sized toiletries and take those instead of full size, or make sure I take almost empty full sized bottles out so that I use them up and don't have to bring them back.

We take one water bottle, the metal thermal ones, and a couple of the tiny concentrate flavouring bottles (Aldi's lemon and lime flavour is our favourite). We then get iced water for free in the parks, and squirt the flavour in. It means everyone drinks enough as the water stays really cold and tastes nice, without us spending a fortune.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Just to expand on your extension lead tip, cut of the UK plug and fit an US plug. These fit better and and won’t fall out like adaptors.
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I always put the kids clothes into sets and into reusable clothing bags whenever we go anywhere, especially to Disney. It saves so much time getting them ready in a morning plus Daddy can't mess up their outfits 😂 1 pair of knickers/socks in too. Sorted.
Sometimes I do it for myself too. I let Michael fend for himself although after going to Venice in 30 heat and packing himself jeans and brogues, I wonder if I should make little outfit choices for him too! Lol.

I do all the packing now.
I also mix up the clothing in the suitcases so we all have outfits in each case. If the worst happened and we lost one or whatever, we would still all have clothes.

We do the squirty juice and extention lead also, great tips!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Pop up laundry hamper and a pop up basket big enough to take hats sun glasses car / room keys can’t be doing with that last minute have you seen my hat ,sunglasses nonsense
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Electronic scales for when the pile of B&BW on one of the spare villa beds has grown so exponentially that you're convinced that your two extra 23kg cases will be full already.

Get the ones with a strap then you can collect and weigh a few shopping bags at the same time. Shops other than B&BW are available.

Mick
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Originally Posted by grumpybri View Post
Just to expand on your extension lead tip, cut of the UK plug and fit an US plug. These fit better and and won’t fall out like adaptors.
Please be extremely careful when cutting plugs off for tech that's going to a different country with different voltage requirements... I appreciate that this is "probably" safe on an extension lead for USB ports.

Love the idea of taking a USB extension lead though...

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

oh - packing tip?

Pack just enough clothes and that trusty pair of walking trainers/shoes to see you through to that mega trip to the Outlet Shopping Malls.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I like the idea of fold up water pouches , better than carrying the bottles about and might get usb extension instead👍

Edited at 11:18 AM.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List