Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile BA fly drive

Ive a fly drive booked for end of June. Not sure we want to go now even if the travel ban is lifted and everything’s open again.
We’ve only got a couple of hundred pounds to pay to the balance. What I’m wondering is if I cancel now, would I get what I’ve paid back. minus the deposit? Or lose it all?
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question, but have you tried to move your booking?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you contacted BA about it?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Have you contacted BA about it?
I wasn’t wanting to just now, as they’ll be busy with people going in the next wee while.

Just wondered if anyone knew if you can get money minus your deposit back
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Icey View Post
I wasn’t wanting to just now, as they’ll be busy with people going in the next wee while.

Just wondered if anyone knew if you can get money minus your deposit back
As I understand, BA are only talking to those travelling in the next 72 hours.
My flight next Friday has been cancelled and I rang on Tuesday this week to request a cash rather than voucher refund (Avios booking); long time on hold; when answered, they advised that they are asking all who are NOT travelling within the next 72 hours to hang up and call back when appropriate.

Have a look at the HeadforPoints site; an article on there recently re a possible change in the regulations that guarantee you a cash refund if cancelling a holiday, ie, flight plus car/hotel etc.

Edited at 02:02 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Ive a fly drive booked for end of June. Not sure we want to go now even if the travel ban is lifted and everything’s open again.
We’ve only got a couple of hundred pounds to pay to the balance. What I’m wondering is if I cancel now, would I get what I’ve paid back. minus the deposit? Or lose it all?
I have read on another forum, that because balance is not due till 5 weeks before the trip, that you can actually claim back a refund of any excess deposit paid. We are also in that position, having overpaid about £900 extra, but balance not due till mid July and our actual deposit was only £225, which is much less painful to lose than £1200.
Old 25 Mar 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I have read on another forum, that because balance is not due till 5 weeks before the trip, that you can actually claim back a refund of any excess deposit paid. We are also in that position, having overpaid about £900 extra, but balance not due till mid July and our actual deposit was only £225, which is much less painful to lose than £1200.
That is what I was thinking. We’d get £1200 back as well if that was the case.
In future I’ll only be paying deposits
Old 25 Mar 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you cancel now then the normal cancellation policy will apply.So basically you will lose the deposit. If you have paid more than the basic deposit you should get that back.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ameliaUK
Imagineer

I was due to fly on 6 may opted for the voucher...not sure i did the right thing but do want to do the trip ..it was to nashville...so gonna book for early 2021...at least if my firm cant hold on in this troubled time if i have no job ill still manage a holiday

Jan 2008 Fairfield inn LBV,2009 and 2010 villa at highgate park..October 2014 Florida road trip,October 2016 villa in highgate ...Jan 2018 New York ,Vegas,New orleans
ameliaUK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have only paid the deposit, my understanding of what I have read on the BA site is I can get a voucher for my deposit or if I want cash I need to claim through my insurance as FCO is active but the flight is not cancelled, I have to pay the remainder by 11th April, I am waiting until then and will make my decision.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List