Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jul 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lyrad
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I mean what would happen if you didn’t do any forward planning and then just turned up at your hotel at the time you would then be at that point told oh you’re not booked in here - what a joke
Lyrad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I guess the only saving grace is it’s happened now and not just before anyone goes. Hopefully it will get resolved once Disney release more rooms.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Maybe the problem is that my glass is always half full. After a health scare a few years ago I try not to stress about things I cannot do anything about.

I do believe that they’ll be a lot of people linked without an issue. After all we are guilty to a certain extent of using the internet as a complaint tool (sometimes an internet rant is very therapeutic)

Like I say we may well be impacted but if I am honest I am not too hung up about the exact hotel - I appreciate though that some are. We simply booked the best we could afford which, for next year, was moderate with upgrade to full dining.

What has annoyed me about VH is that they do not appear to be automatically reducing the price for those they’ve moved from POR and FQ. That’s not on as both those resorts were more expensive.

It wouldn’t surprise me however to find that CBR and CS become the same price as POR once the refurbs are complete. They could even end up more expensive as CS will have its new tower and CBR direct access to the gondolas. Both those improvements could easily bump up the price.

I do think VH need to pull their finger out and they should be emailing all customers who’ve booked to reassure and/or explain what is happening. All I want to know is whether I have a holiday or not. The exact hotel isn’t critical (providing they don’t bump us to a value resort) - all I want to know is whether I am guaranteed a holiday.

If they start cancelling peoples holidays then I’ll be first calling it a debacle and contacting ABTA
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
If I do get moved to CBR I’d expect a refund, I must check the price difference and make a note. Nor do I want a pirate room I believe they are in the back of beyond.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International

Edited at 12:18 PM.
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by zdickens View Post
If I do get moved to CBR I’d expect a refund, I must check the price difference and make a note. Nor do I want a pirate room I believe they are in the back of beyond.
Not sure I’d want a Pirate Room either. We are 2 adults and suspect it would be wasted on us 😂.

But yes, you need the difference at least. I’d be pushing for free Vroom as well - it’s something they can offer which has minimal value to them.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can they offer the difference from when it's booked? How would they know this as it's a live booking system, cbr was more expensive the csr when we booked
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
We’re at POFQ which is about £150 more per person than CBR. I’d at least expect that back and a preferred room at CBR.

Old 7 Jul 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
Can they offer the difference from when it's booked? How would they know this as it's a live booking system, cbr was more expensive the csr when we booked
Usually CBR and CS are the same. POR and FQ are more expensive. Certainly were with VH when we booked (hence us tossing up between CS and CBR)
Old 7 Jul 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin holidays have contacted me today and said that Disney have refused my room at POR. They’ve put us at CBR in a pirate room, neither are what I want, and the only upgrade they can offer is fort wilderness at a cost of £2500 extra! They haven’t offered anything to bridge the gap between the cost of POR and CBR. Not happy! They haven’t even apologised!
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

That's shocking
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List