Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Jul 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Star87 View Post
Same for us, we got caught up in the CBR issue last year and moved to AKL. Now this... we arrive at Disney 3rd nov and can’t link.
if you dont mind me asking what happened last year
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
We booked then major construction for over 2 years was announced. Disney Compensated those who booked before a certain date as they were completely unaware at the time of booking.
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
The whole CBR refurb. They closed their resteraunts etc and didn’t tell anyone until February long after we’d all booked etc. They ended up shelling out compensation or moves (though we couldn’t get a move as we were a family of 5 and no availablility unless we wanted to pay through the nose for an upgrade)

It was absolute chaos

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
The whole CBR refurb. They closed their resteraunts etc and didn’t tell anyone until February long after we’d all booked etc. They ended up shelling out compensation or moves (though we couldn’t get a move as we were a family of 5 and no availablility unless we wanted to pay through the nose for an upgrade)

It was absolute chaos
Originally Posted by Star87 View Post
We booked then major construction for over 2 years was announced. Disney Compensated those who booked before a certain date as they were completely unaware at the time of booking.
oh gosh, seems like the holidays makers have had a right time of it
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jarralisa
Helping Minnie

I'm interested to know if the manage my booking section on Virgin has changed to the different hotel for those that have been affected? I'm booked for the end of November 2019 so it's too early to link and I feel like i keep checking the booking.
jarralisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jarralisa View Post
I'm interested to know if the manage my booking section on Virgin has changed to the different hotel for those that have been affected? I'm booked for the end of November 2019 so it's too early to link and I feel like i keep checking the booking.
My virgin manage your booking still says POR even though Disney have moved me.
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Just spoke to virgin again, and then Disney. Virgin have definitely over sold their allocation that was given to them by Disney, and so Disney are refusing to honour a lot of those bookings. They didn’t give me a date as to when these refusals started. Virgin holidays have a spreadsheet from Disney with everyone’s bookings, those that are highlighted have been refused. Virgin it seems are trying on a case by case booking to negotiate. So it’s virgins fault for selling over their allocation from Disney, but Disney have refused them even though they do have rooms available.
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
Just spoke to virgin again, and then Disney. Virgin have definitely over sold their allocation that was given to them by Disney, and so Disney are refusing to honour a lot of those bookings. They didn’t give me a date as to when these refusals started. Virgin holidays have a spreadsheet from Disney with everyone’s bookings, those that are highlighted have been refused. Virgin it seems are trying on a case by case booking to negotiate. So it’s virgins fault for selling over their allocation from Disney, but Disney have refused them even though they do have rooms available.
This doesn’t surprise me at all. In previous years it won’t have been an issue as Disney will have simply given them extras. We can only assume it’s SW which has prompted Disney to stick to their guns.

For 2019 I noticed VH were way more competitive than previously - hence why we booked with them. I wonder if they’ve had increased demand due to that. I know in 2016 VH were over £500 each more than DIY. For next year I’d struggle to get what I got with VH for £200 cheaper in total.

It’s also very possible Disney have taken more bookings than expected. When you factor in the low deposit, cashback (which normally pays quickly with Disney) then they’ll be a lot of speculative bookings. Disney have also taken all of OKW and SSR out for later in the year driving up demand elsewhere. We wanted SSR but had to settle elsewhere.

Good luck to all impacted. If I am I hope VH get in touch soon!
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NMW1702
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by jarralisa View Post

My VH says AKL but MDE says Grand Floridian x
NMW1702 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NMW1702 View Post
My VH says AKL but MDE says Grand Floridian x
I’d be happy with either 😂
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List