Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=pretty71;14353960]This is the problem i have as we are due to travel and of July but my annual policy is to renewed in May so I won't be covered.

have you looked into cancelling before your annual policy runs out in may, as obviously all your arrangements were made in good faith before COVID risks were evident? also, because you booked your holiday before this was all known, you should still be covered by your annual policy even if it expires before your holiday?
(sorry have amended my response & deleted the second part of my comment as brain not in gear & talking rubbish,apologies,already frazzled by 2 homebound kids)

Edited at 06:24 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My understanding is if you bought your policy prior to 16th it so of March then depending on if you were covered for FCO advice etc then you should be covered.

Anything bought after that wouldn’t.

Interestingly my insurance now has a new page on their policy’s bought after 18th March will not cover cancellation/curtailment related to Covid-19, SARS or any “any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any of these”

If you get it somewhere and need medical cover, that’s covered (assuming we are out of any travel ban)

(BTW I would not recommend my insurer, they are absolute cowboys and thieves - Spectrum Travel)
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We have a policy still in place for our travel on April 3rd. We can change the policy dates free of charge providing it's to the same location for the same duration, and because it was taken out before any of this, we will still be cancelled for all cv issues. If we cancel it and take out a new one we will not be covered. (Boots)
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Do policies through your bank account actually renew annually or are they rolling policies?

Ours is with Axa through our Halifax account.

I hadn’t thought if we’d be covered due to policy renewal as we don’t actually renew it ourselves it just keeps going.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

What happens if you have an annual policy like me which expires end of Aug. Yes it has pandemic covering as well. We have 1 more holiday booked for July, and still feel unlikely it will happen. I know I can reschedule it but that would not cover us then, but wondering if insurance company ( Staysure) would extend policy for the Un used months when travel restriction. Does that make sense.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

I've got insurance through my bank so covered for this year's holiday but how do we stand if we reschedule for next year? Does that count as a new trip so not covered? Sorry if already been answered, or it's obvious
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Do policies through your bank account actually renew annually or are they rolling policies?

Ours is with Axa through our Halifax account.

I hadn’t thought if we’d be covered due to policy renewal as we don’t actually renew it ourselves it just keeps going.
although these bank policies do usually run on an auto-renewal basis, the insurance company underwriting it will still (as far as i'm aware) reserve the right to alter their T's&C's each time it comes up for auto-renewal (& of course if you need to declare anything new like a medical issue they still have the right to cancel the policy or choose not to cover you for that condition unless you pay extra). I have already had the email from nationwide to state that anything booked after the 18th march will not be covered for COVID. if you are re-booking a trip that cannot be taken currently due to COVID & are reliant on a policy that is in place at the moment I do think you should check with your insurance company first before confirming another trip as i cant imagine any insurance company is going to want to expose themselves to future payouts.
Old 22 Mar 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
I've got insurance through my bank so covered for this year's holiday but how do we stand if we reschedule for next year? Does that count as a new trip so not covered? Sorry if already been answered, or it's obvious
This is our dilemma too. Due to fly 12 August, balance to be paid in May. We have annual insurance with Nationwide which we have to renew in June (lots of pre-existing conditions, so not cheap). Presuming the new policy won’t cover corona if we move the holiday BEFORE it gets cancelled by TUI? Confused.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

So my annual insurance won’t cover us at all should he rebook this year?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
So my annual insurance won’t cover us at all should he rebook this year?
i think we don't know, that is why i think best to check first with your insurance company... as we are moving from a situation where COVID was probably not even heard about when you booked, to a situation where COVID is now a known risk.