Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Apr 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

What are is best for villa for us?

we will be going June 2021.
Will be doing Universal, Seaworld and maybe Busch Gardens, Not doing Disneyland.
Will have teenagers who want to do lots of shopping also.
need to be beside a supermarket and a few restaurants,
its out 1st time going so dont want to make a mistake with location.
thanks
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

We have always stayed around the Championsgate area and the US27 corridor between I4 and the 192 and found it to be excellent for all our needs. Easy access to I4 means the parks are never that far away likewise the outlets such as Vineland are a maximum 25 minutes away.
Our preferences? We love West Haven and Hampton Lakes, particularly with a lake view
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Formosa gardens area is good, just off 192 with lots of restaurants and shops and near to the parks
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Could you clarify "beside a supermarket and a few restaurants" please.

I assume you will be hiring a car as very few villa communities are easily walkable to such facilities especially in June's heat.

We always stay at Highgate Park on the 27 which is fairly close to Highlands Reserve a very popular area amongst Dibbers. If you're at the northern end of HR you could walk to Berry Town Center where you'll find Applebees and IHOP restaurants. a good Chinese take away and Publix supermarket. But that's a limited choice.

If you're driving though the choice is almost endless. As Geordie Al says though if you look on Google Maps at the Interstate 4/192/27 triangle you'll be well placed for most stuff. Don't plan on looking near Busch as that is a day trip away.

Have a look at the DIBB villa location map in the menu on the right to give you some idea.

Mick
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS a little presumptuous of me to assume you hiring a car. Loads of Dibbers get by in a villa using Uber but I know nothing about them

Mick
Old 28 Apr 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
PS a little presumptuous of me to assume you hiring a car. Loads of Dibbers get by in a villa using Uber but I know nothing about them

Mick
we are plsnning on hiring a car alright.
we have never been so its all new to me but we were hoping there might be a garage/shop we could walk to if we needed something quickly and maybe a takeway or something that wouldnt need a car...but maybe thats not possible. thanks
Nicky35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nicky35 View Post
we are plsnning on hiring a car alright.
we have never been so its all new to me but we were hoping there might be a garage/shop we could walk to if we needed something quickly and maybe a takeway or something that wouldnt need a car...but maybe thats not possible. thanks
Well you've certainly come to the right place for help. When you want to talk about car hire and driving you'll find the regular contributors a helpful bunch - although I say so myself

We've stayed in villas around 20 times and the last dozen or so at Highgate Park. However we haven't been to any parks since 2010 so the location for access to Disneyworld and Universal is not important to us. There's a stretch of 192 near Rolling Oaks with maybe 20+ restaurants where we eat 75% of our meals.

We're also within 10 minutes of a large Walmart and Target apart from a couple of Publix.

All I can suggest is to look at the villa map that I mentioned earlier and see what area suits you best then ask for opinions on specific places. Unfortunately the area around Universal is not zoned for short term rentals but the map will show what areas are best for your plans. There's loads of shopping opportunities in the area. Traditional indoor malls like Florida Mall and Mall at Millennia. Outside shopping like The Loop and Posner Park. Outlet malls like two separate Premium Outlets.

You've so much planning to look forward to

Mick
Old 28 Apr 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky35
Proud to wear my Ears

thanks so much for your reply. I am excited but feel very overwhelmed also
Old 28 Apr 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nicky35 View Post
thanks so much for your reply. I am excited but feel very overwhelmed also
We've been lucky enough to have been over 35 times since 1990 and we've moved from hotels to condos to town houses and finally to villas. We are couple of 70+ who now go on our own and rattle around a four bed villa. We've hired a car every time as we love the freedom to come and go as we please and to explore the other 65,700 square miles that Florida offers. Other Dibbers quite rightly say that using Uber can be just as good but just not for us.

Good luck with the planning

Mick
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

There are communities that are within walking distance to shops and restaurants and a short drive Sea World and Orlando.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List