Old 4 Mar 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a brilliant morning good to see you didn’t let the rain stop you! Polite pig is great for bbq, the ribs and beef short rib are delicious. A perfect way to finish with ghiradelli chocolates. A great day!
Thank you, glad you enjoyed reading
There is something about Floridian rain that brings out a steely determination to enjoy it rather than find shelter and moan about it!

Polite pig was a great first visit and we did love those ribs.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:55 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day well done for keeping going through the rain

Joan
Thanks Joan

Floridian rain seems so much more pleasant than the cold rain of home

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day and pleased to see the rain didn't bother you. The carrier bag might be free, but surprised Disney charged extra for the activity, or maybe I'm not...EE sounds like an experience in the hail!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A drenching on Everest. I sort of assumed they would close it in that weather, but obviously I'm wrong! It must have been so funny going up to the top of the mountain in all the rain. The buses sure feel chilly when you're all wet, I chuckled that you all went out on the balcony to warm up. There was no dodging the rain that Friday it really did last all afternoon and evening. At least you made it over to Disney Springs for your dinner and to get the much desired Ghiradelli.
There tend to be a stop to Everest when the rain becomes torrential and there is thunder in the area - usually the two go together and the ride closes down instantly.
It was such good fun in the rain

The balcony comment was absolute reality once we got back into the room Amazing isn't it - you can complain about it being too cold in Florida in August

Polite Pig was on your recommendation, on our meet up in Epcot, so a huge thank you for that, it did not disappoint and also meant we stayed relatively dry in the evening.
Not many days you ever get such a wet afternoon and evening in a Floridian summer.
Thanks for reading, posting and always noticing the funny bits too

Old 26 Mar 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great day even though it rained for most of it
We were on Everest in heavy rain a couple of years ago it was painful and we were soaked
Thank you

Funny isn't it - the feeling is like hailstones pummelling your face and that soaking feeling means that Kali is not going to make it any worse

Old 26 Mar 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fantastic day. I'm particularly impressed by your photo with the Nemo cast member. We love that show too. We've always sat at the very back as we have a wheelchair but on our last trip we were sat at the very front (I hadn't even realised it was an option with a wheelchair. It was a totally different experience, and felt more immersive. Can't wait to see it again, it's an absolute highlight of the trip for me.
Thank you - we love the show so much and we have been lucky more than once in meeting a cast member - the spaces near the front for wheelchair access are well worth knowing about and not always busy - access is good and the ramp manageable too.
Glad you got in there as , it really does transform your whole experience of the show and you just get dragged into it and it absorbs you.
Glad you enjoyed it as much as I do.

Glad you enjoyed reading and as always appreciate your very kind words - thank you

Old 26 Mar 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
A great day and pleased to see the rain didn't bother you. The carrier bag might be free, but surprised Disney charged extra for the activity, or maybe I'm not...EE sounds like an experience in the hail!
Good spot, the magnets are actually worth the price and having possibly recognising that people will pay for a treasure hunt style game in any of the parks with a collectable piece at the end, that does cost them more to produce than maps or cards in MK. I would be the first to call WDW for nickel and diming us, as they are the best at it!

Thanks for reading and hope this finds you all well at this time.

Old 11 Apr 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic day!
I think I need to watch Finding Nemo show again as I REALLY didn’t enjoy it the first time in 2015 but I’ve read so many others love it so should give it another chance.
I love FoP, probably my favourite ride in all of WDW. I actually had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes the first time I rode it.
Is it just me or does James Cameron have really tiny hands compared to John Landau and Joe Rohde?
I bet EE was great fun in the rain. As we also go in August I know of the torrential weather that brings, some of my favourite memories are when it’s raining cats and dogs. Us hardy Brits are made of stronger stuff than the Floridians
I can’t believe the prices of food within WDW now, it’s crazy expensive especially compared to offsite . Thank god for the free Dining Plan!
As much as you’ll miss the Yacht Club I bet you’re looking forward to some space and downtime at the villa, always our favourite part of an Orlando holiday. Looking forward to reading about it!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Fantastic day despite the rain ☔️

I do love FoP. There’s just no way to truly explain it to folk who haven’t experienced it.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's funny how getting soaked can make rides feel so different. On our first ever Disney day in the Magic Kingdom we ended up getting on 7DMT just as the heavens had opened for the regular afternoon rain. That was one of the most lasting memories of the trip and one that the 5 of us still talk about today. We weren't so lucky with the bus driver turning off the aircon though and it was a little chilly to say the least. I'm glad you managed to get of FOP with a little less waiting today but I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Yacht Club.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List